F, d. 3 July 1656
Ruth Ames married Edmund Angier, son of John Angier and Anne Sherman, circa 1644 presumably in Cambridge, Massachusetts.1 Ruth Ames died on 3 July 1656.1
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. I. p. 23.
Lt. Samuel Ames1
M, d. 1825
Lt. Samuel Ames married Jane Gerrish, daughter of Stephen Gerrish and Joanna Hale.1 Lt. Samuel Ames died in 1825.1
- [S4] Sandra MacLean Clunies, Clunies files.
Eugene W. Amesbury1
M, b. circa 1858, d. 1 December 1947
Eugene W. Amesbury was born circa 1858 in Maine.1 He married Susan L. Sewall, daughter of Martin Wright Sewall and Catherine Wood Ellis, on 14 September 1931 in Multnomah, Oregon.1,2 Eugene W. Amesbury died on 1 December 1947 in Portland, Oregon.3
Georgina Margaret Amory1
F, b. March 1806, d. 27 November 1830
Georgina Margaret Amory was born in March 1806.2 She was the daughter of Jonathan Amory and Lydia Fellows.2 Georgina Margaret Amory married Hon. John Lowell, son of Francis Cabot Lowell and Hannah Jackson, on 6 April 1825 in Boston.2 Georgina Margaret Amory died on 27 November 1830 at the age of 24.2
Helen Maria Amory1
Helen Maria Amory married William Raymond Lee III, son of Lt. William Raymond Lee and Hannah Tracy, on 7 July 1842.1
- [S131] George Norbury MacKenzie, Colonial families of the United States, Vol. V p. 344.
John Amory married Sarah Gardner, daughter of Dr. Samuel Gardner and Mary Cooper, on 4 June 1794 and had issue.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 44 p. 55.
- [S581] Delmar R. Lowell, The Lowells of America, p. 118.
F, b. 25 June 1725, d. 14 February 1799
Rebecca Amory was born on 25 June 1725 in Boston.1,2 She was the daughter of Thomas Amory and Rebecca Holmes.1 The marriage intention of Rebecca Amory and Deacon Edward Payne, son of William Payne and Anne or Margaret Stewart, was published on 25 September 1756 in Gloucester, Massachusetts.3 Rebecca Amory died on 14 February 1799 in Boston at the age of 73.4,2
Children of Rebecca Amory and Deacon Edward Payne
Thomas Amory married Rebecca Holmes.
- [S158] W.H. Whitmore, Payne and Gore Families, p. 20.
Sophia V. Amsden1
Joseph Amyes married Elizabeth Mary Pearce.
Joseph Pearce Amyes1
M, b. 9 November 1890
Joseph Pearce Amyes was born on 9 November 1890 in Caernarvon, Wales.2 He was the son of Joseph Amyes and Elizabeth Mary Pearce.3 Joseph Pearce Amyes married firstly Emma Fairfield Norton, daughter of John Norton and Clara Harrison, on 12 September 1912 in Los Angeles, California, there was possibly a child of this marriage.3,4 Joseph Pearce Amyes was naturalized in 1917 at Camp Merit, New York.5 He married Alice Geraldine Sewall, daughter of Gilbert Tennant Sewall and Lucie Belle Greenleaf, on 2 May 1919 in Seattle, Washington.1 On 25 May 1930, the address of Joseph Pearce Amyes and Alice Geraldine Sewall was given as 902 Chadwick Drive, Los Angeles on the passenger list of the S.S. Ruth Alexander sailing from Ensenada to Los Angeles.6 Joseph Pearce Amyes and Alice Geraldine Sewall were divorced.7 Joseph Pearce Amyes married thirdly Grace I. Gierin on 3 June 1939 in Seattle, Washington.8,1
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Washington, Marriage Records, 1865-2004.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- [S89] Family Search, California, County Marriages, 1850-1952.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, ww.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/first-world-war-1914-1918-cef/Pages/image.aspx?Image=208582a&URLjpg=http%3a%2f%2fdata2.archives.ca%2fcef%2fwell1%2f208582a.gif&Ecopy=208582a.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, San Pedro, Wilmington and Los Angeles, May 1930.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, California, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1882-1957, May 1930.
- [S585] 1940 US Census, Seattle Election Precinct, Seattle, Tract K-3.
- [S585] 1940 US Census, Seattle Election Precinct, Seattle, Tract I-2.
Emil A. Andersen1
Child of Emil A. Andersen and Dagny E. Wosgaard
- [S89] Family Search, California, County Marriages, 1850-1952.
Helen Agnete Andersen1
F, b. 24 August 1927, d. 4 January 1996
Helen Agnete Andersen was born on 24 August 1927 in California.2 She was the daughter of Emil A. Andersen and Dagny E. Wosgaard.1 Helen Agnete Andersen married Arthur Lee Sewall, son of Ormond Leon "Pat" Sewall and Thelma Gertrude Boothe, on 21 November 1948 in Los Angeles, California.1 Helen Agnete Andersen died on 4 January 1996 in Solvang, Santa Barbara, California, at the age of 68.2
M, d. 1975
- [S89] Family Search, Australia, Marriages, 1810-1980.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Iowa, Marriage Records, 1880-1937 for May Helen Sewall.
F, b. 29 September 1866, d. 16 June 1898
Cora Anderson was born on 29 September 1866 in Bridgeport, Connecticut.1 She married Sidney Schieffelin Schuyler, son of John Arent Schuyler and Kate Manchini, on 12 December 1894 in Bayonne, New Jersey.1 Cora Anderson died on 16 June 1898 in Kingsland, New York, at the age of 31.1
Child of Cora Anderson and Sidney Schieffelin Schuyler
- [S176] Cuyler Reynolds, Hudson-Mohawk memoirs.
- [S18] Various editors, Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, Vol. 9, p. 217.
F, b. before 1554, d. 12 December 1636
Elizabeth Anderson was born before 1554 in London.2 She was the daughter of Thomas Anderson and Katherine Hopton.2 Elizabeth Anderson and Sir William Garraway Kt. married by licence dated 7 January 1571. Elizabeth Anderson died on 12 December 1636 in parish of St. Peter le Poer, London.3
Child of Elizabeth Anderson and Sir William Garraway Kt.
Emma L. Anderson1
F, b. 17 March 1871, d. 1 November 1958
Emma L. Anderson was born on 17 March 1871 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania.2,3 She married Milton Ellsworth Sewall, son of Oliver Henry Sewall and Elizabeth Miller, on 9 October 1890.4 Emma L. Anderson died on 1 November 1958 in New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina, at the age of 87.3
Children of Emma L. Anderson and Milton Ellsworth Sewall
- Frank Leroy Sewall2 b. 11 May 1891, d. 25 Jan 1980
- Olive Blanche Sewall+2 b. 12 Jul 1893, d. 31 Dec 1989
- Edward Ellsworth Sewall+2 b. 15 Sep 1895, d. 9 Feb 1989
- Carl F. Sewall+2 b. 28 Dec 1897, d. Nov 1984
- William Sewall2 b. Apr 1900
- Samuel Smith Sewall5 b. 10 Apr 1900, d. 27 Apr 1988
- Elizabeth Estalla Sewall5 b. 4 Nov 1902, d. 23 Sep 1988
- Edna Louise Sewall5 b. 1 Dec 1905, d. 6 May 1989
- Catherine Rebecca Sewall6 b. 8 Dec 1908, d. 26 Jan 1909
- (infant son) Sewall6 b. 9 Jan 1911, d. 9 Jan 1911
- [S34] Unverified internet information, New Castle Public Library's Marriage/Obituary Database.
- [S208] 1900 US Census, Newcastle Ward 3, Lawrence, Pennsylvania.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 140989906."
- [S205] Newspaper, New Castle News, 9 December 1952.
- [S207] 1910 US Census.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963.
Sir Henry Anderson Kt.1
Sir Henry Anderson Kt. was the son of Thomas Anderson and Katherine Hopton.1 Sir Henry Anderson Kt.. Alderman of London.1
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. 4 p. 184.
M, d. 28 September 1677
John Anderson married Jane (Unknown).1 John Anderson died on 28 September 1677 in Boston, Massachusetts.1
- [S314] George L. Shepard, Genealogical history of William Shepard, p. 43.
- [S508] Walter C. Metcalf [Ed.], Hertfordshire Visitations, p. 109.
Capt. John Anderson of Candacraig
M, b. circa 1790, d. 24 December 1835
Capt. John Anderson of Candacraig. An officer in the 28th Regt.. He was born circa 1790. He married Catharine Gordon, daughter of Alexander Gordon 4th Duke of Gordon, 7th Marquess, 1st Earl of Norwich and Jean Christie, on 15 July 1817 in Bellie.1 Capt. John Anderson of Candacraig died on 24 December 1835.
- [S89] Family Search, Parish registers for Bellie, 1709-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Bellie (Moray).
Margaret Jane Anderson1
F, b. circa 1834
Margaret Jane Anderson was born circa 1834.1 She was the daughter of James Anderson and Jane Stewart.1 Margaret Jane Anderson married William Grieve, son of Walter J. Grieve and Christian Elliot, on 8 January 1878 in Owen Sound, Ontario.1 At Listowel, Ontario, in his marriage record he is described as a farmer.1