F, b. 6 August 1756, d. 9 October 1836
Sarah Sewall was born on 6 August 1756 in Georgetown, Maine.1 She was the daughter of William Sewall and Sarah Chisam.1 Sarah Sewall married firstly John McPhetrage on 18 March 1777 in Georgetown, Maine.2 Sarah Sewall married secondly Samuel Pattee, son of Jeremiah Pattee and Jane Stuard, on 3 December 1782 in Georgetown.1 Sarah Sewall died on 9 October 1836 in Georgetown, Maine, at the age of 80.1
Children of Sarah Sewall and Samuel Pattee
- Jeremiah Pattee3 b. 27 Mar 1783
- Susanna Pattee3 b. 28 May 1785
- Samuel Pattee3 b. 16 Jun 1786, d. 26 Oct 1849
- Sally Pattee3 b. 2 Jul 1788, d. 17 Mar 1871
- Dr. William Sewall Pattee3 b. 5 Nov 1790
- Benjamin Pattee3 b. 1 Aug 1792
- Nancy Pattee3 b. 1 Jul 1794
- Rachel McCobb Pattee3 b. 20 Aug 1795, d. 23 Aug 1873
- Elizabeth Pattee3 b. 25 May 1797
F, b. before 1830, d. say 1831
Sarah Sewall was born before 1830. She was the daughter of Rev. Samuel Sewall and Martha Margaret Marrett.1 Sarah Sewall died say 1831.
- [S87] Kate Hogenson, Communication from K. Hogenson, Descendants of Charles Chauncy Sewall @ Jan 2005.
F, b. 24 August 1743, d. 6 November 1745 or 7 November 1745
Sarah Sewall was born on 24 August 1743 in Newburyport, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Stephen Sewall and Ann Little.1 Sarah Sewall died on 6 November 1745 or 7 November 1745.2
F, b. 12 November 1746, d. 14 May 1791
Sarah Sewall was born on 12 November 1746 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Stephen Sewall and Ann Little.1 Sarah Sewall married Michael Hodge.2 Sarah Sewall died on 14 May 1791 in Newburyport, Massachusetts, at the age of 44.3
F, b. 8 January 1822, d. 25 February 1860
Sarah Sewall was born on 8 January 1822 in Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Stephen Sewall and Mary "Polly" Milliken.1 Sarah Sewall died on 25 February 1860 probably in Scarborough, Maine, at the age of 382 and is buried in Dunstan Cemetery, Maine.2
- [S365] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), p. 311.
Sarah Ann Sewall1
F, b. 18 August 1806, d. 23 January 1893
Sarah Ann Sewall was born on 18 August 1806.2 She was the daughter of Lewis Sewall and Elizabeth Howard Wailes.1 Sarah Ann Sewall died on 23 January 1893 in Rockville, Clarke County, Alabama, at the age of 86.3
Sarah Ann Sewall1
F, b. May 1832, d. 18 September 1911
Sarah Ann Sewall was born in May 1832 in Northfield, New Hampshire.2 She was the daughter of Samuel Sewall and Betsey Whitney.1 Sarah Ann Sewall married secondly Israel C. Whitney.1 Sarah Ann Sewall died on 18 September 1911 in Boscawen, New Hampshire, at the age of 79.2
Children of Sarah Ann Sewall and Israel C. Whitney
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #380.
- [S89] Family Search, New Hampshire, Death and Burial Records Index, 1654-1949.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, History of Northfield, New Hampshire, 1780-1905, p. 285.
- [S89] Family Search, New Hampshire, Death Records, 1654-1947.
Sarah Arabella Sewall1
F, b. 16 September 1849
Sarah Arabella Sewall was born on 16 September 1849 in Abington, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Dummer Sewall and Mary Savory Cook.1 Sarah Arabella Sewall married William Henry Tirrell on 1 May 1867 (intentions 30 April 1867, Weymouth.)2,3
Children of Sarah Arabella Sewall and William Henry Tirrell
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 45.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988.
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts, Births and Christenings, 1639-1915.
- [S107] 1880 US Census, Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts.
F, b. 12 July 1828, d. 7 May 1901
Sarah E. Sewall was born on 12 July 1828 in Farmington, Franklin County, Maine.3 She was the daughter of Levi Sewall and Rebecca Alexander.1 In 1870 she was appointed postmistress of Island Falls; she had been a school teacher before then. In the 1880 Census she is a housekeeper at her brother William's hotel.1,4 Sarah E. Sewall died on 7 May 1901 in Island Falls at the age of 72, unmarried.5
- [S62] William Richard Cutter, New England Families.
- [S107] 1880 US Census.
- [S89] Family Search, Town and vital records, 1794-1892 Farmington (Maine). Town Clerk.
- [S205] Newspaper, Boston Daily Advertiser, (Boston, MA) Thursday, December 22, 1870.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 54.
Sarah E. Sewall1
F, b. October 1869
Sarah E. Sewall was born in October 1869 in Flushing, New York.2 She was the daughter of Henry Devereux Sewall and Maria Clarkson Holthuysen.1 Sarah E. Sewall married firstly Dr. John Davila, son of Juan C. Davila and Guracid Cuellar, on 21 May 1890 in Manhattan, New York, New York.3 Dr. John Davila, whose father is said to be a wealthy resident of Havana, married Sarah Sewall several years ago and went to live in Nutley, N.J. Recently he consulted Attorney Robert Gignoux about domestic troubles, and said he would call again. The lawyer saw nothing more of Davila, and he is supposed to have gone to Cuba with the Bermuda expedition. Mrs. Davila has brought suit for divorce, alleging desertion. As no word has been received from him she thinks he may have been killed.4 Sarah E. Sewall married secondly Stuart Travis on 4 September 1897 in Maywood, Bergen, New Jersey.5 Sarah E. Sewall and Stuart Travis appear on the census of 1900 at Midland, New Jersey, where they are staying with her parents. His occupation is given as artist (illustrator.)2
Sarah Elisabeth Sewall1
F, b. 24 August 1876
Sarah Elisabeth Sewall was born on 24 August 1876 in Rockport, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Joseph Henry Sewall and Alice Timney.1
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts Births, 1841-1915.
Sarah Elizabeth Sewall1
F, b. 24 January 1884, d. 20 December 1971
Sarah Elizabeth Sewall was born on 24 January 1884 in Marlin, Texas.2 She was the daughter of Krouse Sewall and Frances Ann Bates.1 Sarah Elizabeth Sewall married Dr. Harry G. Hamblen on 28 March 1906 in the Presbyterian Church, Marlin, Texas.3,2 Sarah Elizabeth Sewall died on 20 December 1971 in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas, at the age of 87.4
Child of Sarah Elizabeth Sewall and Dr. Harry G. Hamblen
Sarah Ella (Sallie) Sewall1
F, b. 6 January 1886, d. 7 September 1940
Sarah Ella (Sallie) Sewall was born on 6 January 1886 in Houston, Texas.2 She was the daughter of Edward Wales Sewall and Gabriella Harriet (Ella) Campbell.1 Sarah Ella (Sallie) Sewall married George Frederick Jr. Horton, son of George Horton and Albertina Kaapke, on 27 November 1906 in Houston, Texas.1,3 Sarah Ella (Sallie) Sewall died on 7 September 1940 in Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas, at the age of 54.2 She was buried on 8 September 1940 in San Antonio, Texas.2
Children of Sarah Ella (Sallie) Sewall and George Frederick Jr. Horton
F, b. circa 26 April 1833, d. 30 September 1859
Sarah Frances Sewall was born circa 26 April 1833.2 She was the daughter of Rufus Sewall and Frances Elizabeth Farrell.1 Sarah Frances Sewall married John M. Landrum on 29 May 1849 in Caddo Parish.3 Sarah Frances Sewall died on 30 September 1859 in Shreveport, Louisiana, "aged 26 y'rs. 5 mo. & 4 d's"2 and is buried in Oakland Cemetery, Shreveport.
Children of Sarah Frances Sewall and John M. Landrum
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p.19.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 7425839."
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Louisiana Marriages to 1850.
- [S109] 1850 United States Census, Louisiana, Caddo, Shreveport.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 7425846."
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 7425844."
- [S154] 1860 US Census, Shreveport, Caddo, Louisiana.
Sarah Hannah Sewall1
F, b. 1 March 1850, d. 20 March 1899
Sarah Hannah Sewall was born on 1 March 1850.1 She was the daughter of William Harmon Sewall and Lydia Jane Moore.1 Sarah Hannah Sewall married secondly Henry Riley, son of Samuel Riley, on 2 August 1876 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.2 Sarah Hannah Sewall married thirdly John H. Call, son of Henry Call, on 16 February 1887 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.3 Sarah Hannah Sewall died on 20 March 1899 at the age of 49.1
Sarah Jane Sewall1
F, b. 30 January 1817, d. 6 July 1896
Sarah Jane Sewall was born on 30 January 1817 in Chesterville, Franklin County, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Dummer Sewall and Sarah or Sally Merrick.1 Sarah Jane Sewall married Sumner Burrill, son of Samuel Burrill, on 13 November 1836 in Corinna, Maine.2 Sarah Jane Sewall appears on the census of 1870 at Township 11, Henderson, Illinois. She married John Young after March 1879.3 Sarah Jane Sewall died on 6 July 1896 in Corinna, Maine, at the age of 793 and is buried in Morse's Corner Cemetery, Corinna, Maine.4
Children of Sarah Jane Sewall and Sumner Burrill
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 27.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Marriages, 1771-1907.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Vital Records, 1670-1907.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 70526947."
- [S154] 1860 US Census, Maine, Penobscot, Newport.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900.
Sarah Johanna Sewall1
F, b. 3 May 1888, d. October 1978
Sarah Johanna Sewall was born on 3 May 1888 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.1 She was the daughter of Albert Defiance Sewall and Dora Randina Belseth.2 Sarah Johanna Sewall married Merle Voke Aplin, son of James Joseph Aplin and Alma M. Bates, on 29 September 1910 in Britton, Marshall County, South Dakota.3 Sarah Johanna Sewall died in October 1978 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, at the age of 90.4
Children of Sarah Johanna Sewall and Merle Voke Aplin
Sarah Stewart Sewall1
F, b. 18 January 1867, d. 29 August 1946
Sarah Stewart Sewall was born on 18 January 1867 in Clarke County, Alabama, (McMahon giving the month as February.)2,3 She was the daughter of Dr. Francis Lewis Sewall and Ann Amelia DuBose.1 Sarah Stewart Sewall married Powhatan Ambrose Bryant, son of Ambrose S. Bryant, on 25 July 1888 in Ocala, Florida.3 Sarah Stewart Sewall died on 29 August 1946 in Warrensburg, Missouri, at the age of 79.3
Children of Sarah Stewart Sewall and Powhatan Ambrose Bryant
M, b. 16 March 1850, d. 28 May 1852
Seaborn Cutler Sewall was born on 16 March 1850 in Rockport, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of Joseph Lambard Sewall and Sarah L. Goodwin.1 Seaborn Cutler Sewall died on 28 May 1852 at the age of 2.1
Shirley Anne Sewall1
F, d. 24 December 1952
Shirley Anne Sewall was the daughter of Lawrence Jay Sewall and Sarah Daniels.1 Shirley Anne Sewall died on 24 December 1952 in Patricia, Alberta,2,3 and is buried in Brooks Cemetery, Brooks, Alberta.2
Sidney P. Sewall1
M, b. 30 December 1845, d. 24 July 1851
Sidney P. Sewall was born on 30 December 1845 in Charlestown, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of Moses Bartlett Sewall and Mary Ann Perkins.1 Sidney P. Sewall died on 24 July 1851 in Charlestown, Massachusetts, at the age of 5.3
Silas F. Sewall
M, b. 1 June 1823, d. October 1856
Stevedore of Liscomb's Lane, Bangor, Maine.1 Silas F. Sewall was born on 1 June 1823.2 He was the son of John Sewall and Cynthia A. Fickett.2 Silas F. Sewall married Elmira Stevens on 29 September 1844 in Bangor, Maine.3 Silas F. Sewall died in October 1856 at the age of 33.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Bangor City Directory, 1848.
- [S107] 1880 US Census, Census Place Ward 2, Bangor, Penobscot, Maine Family History Library Film 1254485 NA Film Number T9-0485.
- [S89] Family Search, Town and vital records 1819-1891 Bangor (Maine). City Clerk.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900.
Simon Merrill Sewall
M, b. 14 July 1820, d. 12 October 1895
Simon Merrill Sewall is also recorded as Merrill Sewall. He was born on 14 July 1820 in Edgecomb, Maine.1 He was the son of Rufus King Sewall and Phoebe Merrill.2 Simon Merrill Sewall appears on the census of 1850 at Edgecomb, Lincoln County, Maine, listed as a mariner.3 He married Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell, daughter of John S. Mitchell and Philenia Sewall, on 2 August 1854 in Gardiner, Kennebec, Maine.4 Simon Merrill Sewall died on 12 October 1895 in Dorchester, Massachusetts, at the age of 75 on his way to his southern home in Beaufort, South Carolina. He died of fatty degeneration of the heart. The report in the Boston Daily Advertiser says that he died at the home of his niece, Mrs. Jean de Peiffer5,6 and was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Gardiner, Maine.7
Children of Simon Merrill Sewall and Mary Wilson Sanford Mitchell
- [S214] Fannie S. Chase, Wiscasset in Pownalborough, p. 512.
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S109] 1850 United States Census, Edgecomb, Lincoln, Maine.
- [S89] Family Search, Vital records, 1803-1891 Gardiner (Maine). City Clerk.
- [S214] Fannie S. Chase, Wiscasset in Pownalborough, p. 513.
- [S205] Newspaper, Boston Daily Advertiser, (Boston, MA) Monday, October 14, 1895.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 93919408."
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Gardiner, Kennebec County Maine, Birth & Death records 1800 - 1892.
Singleton Campbell Sewall1
M, b. 18 November 1887, d. 19 November 1950
Singleton Campbell Sewall. President, Morris-Sewall & Co., Inc., Houston. He was born on 18 November 1887 in Houston, Texas.2 He was the son of Edward Wales Sewall and Gabriella Harriet (Ella) Campbell.1 Singleton Campbell Sewall is recorded as Campbell Sewall on the census.3 He married Anita Fay, daughter of Thornwell Fay and Annie Bilger, on 6 April 1911.4 Singleton Campbell Sewall died on 19 November 1950 at 1304 Elgin Street, Houston, Texas, at the age of 63 (also as Campbell Sewall on the death record.)2 His body was cremated on 20 November 1950 at Brookside Memorial Park, Houston, Texas.2
Solomon Robards Sewall1
M, b. 20 October 1846, d. 28 October 1850
Solomon Robards Sewall was born on 20 October 1846 in Rockport, Massachusetts.1,2 He was the son of Levi Sewall and Mary Ann Robards.3 Solomon Robards Sewall died on 28 October 1850 at the age of 4 of croup.4,5
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Massachusetts Town Birth Records.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Vital Records of Rockport, Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 47 gives this child to Charles Coffin Sewall.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 47.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Vol: 48 ; Page: 137.
M, b. 14 June 1843, d. 7 December 1867
Somers Sewall was born on 14 June 1843 in Mobile, Alabama.1 He was the son of Kiah Bayley Sewall and Lucretia Day.1 Somers Sewall died on 7 December 1867 in Portland, Maine, at the age of 24.2 He was buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Portland, Maine.3
Sophia Sewall was the daughter of Major Nicholas Sewall and Susanna Burgess.1 On 13 November 1738 Sophia inherited from her father 1,000 acres of land on the Choptank River called Lady's Gift or Sewells Range, of which she and her husband sold half. Sophia Sewall married John Cooke.1 Sophia Sewall and John Cooke was living in Graiden, Prince George's County, Maryland.2
Children of Sophia Sewall and John Cooke
- [S31] Maryland Historical Magazine, 1909, p. 293.
- [S131] George Norbury MacKenzie, Colonial families of the United States, Vol. III p. 108.
- [S382] Ronald Hoffman, Dear Papa, Dear Charley, Appendix I, Chart H. p. 1544.
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. 4 p. 184.
F, b. 16 May 1788, d. 26 October 1878
Sophia Sewall was born on 16 May 1788 in Hallowell, Maine.2 She was the daughter of Moses Sewall and Ruth Barrell.1 Sophia Sewall married firstly Hartley Wood, son of Gen. Abiel Wood and Elizabeth Tinkham, on 18 July 1808 in Hallowell.2 Sophia Sewall married secondly Edmund Munroe, son of Colonel William Munroe and Anna Smith, on 31 August 1815 in Hallowell as his third wife.2 Sophia Sewall died on 26 October 1878 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at the age of 90.3,4
Children of Sophia Sewall and Edmund Munroe
- [S106] Maine Families in 1790, Vol. 8 p. 566.
- [S106] Maine Families in 1790, Vol. 8 p. 565.
- [S321] Edna Warren Mason, Descendants of Capt. Hugh Mason, p. 89.
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #136.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p.18.
Spencer Kirby Sewall1
M, b. August 1848, d. 26 September 1915
Spencer Kirby Sewall. Horticulturalist.2 He was born in August 1848 in Rhode Island.3 He was the son of Gilbert Tennant Sewall and Abbie W. Riley.1,4 Spencer Kirby Sewall married firstly Alice Fisher Wiggin, daughter of C.W. Wiggin, on 2 September 1874 in Dover, New Hampshire.5 Spencer Kirby Sewall and Alice Fisher Wiggin appear on the census of 1880 at San Gabriel, California, where his occupation is given as an horticulturalist. They employ several Chinese as labourers.1 Spencer Kirby Sewall married secondly Mary Jane Norton on 28 July 1892 in Solano, California.6 Spencer Kirby Sewall and Mary Jane Norton appear on the census of 1900 at Pasadena, Los Angeles, California.3 Spencer Kirby Sewall died on 26 September 1915 in Los Angeles, California, at the age of 67.7
- [S107] 1880 US Census, San Gabriel, Los Angeles, California.
- [S107] 1880 US Census, San Gabiel, Los Angeles, California.
- [S208] 1900 US Census, Pasadena, Los Angeles, California.
- [S154] 1860 US Census, Dover Ward, Strafford, New Hampshire.
- [S205] Newspaper, Independent Statesman, (Concord, NH) Thursday, September 10, 1874.
- [S89] Family Search, California, Marriages, 1850-1945.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, California, Death Index, 1905-1939.
- [S208] 1900 US Census, Pasadena, California.