F, b. 16 October 1782, d. 27 December 1855
Elizabeth Crosby was born on 16 October 1782 in Massachusetts.1 She married Deacon David Sewall, son of Henry Sewall and Sarah Henry, on 21 October 1806 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts.1,2,3 Elizabeth Crosby died on 27 December 1855 at the age of 73.1 She was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine.4
Children of Elizabeth Crosby and Deacon David Sewall
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 22.
- [S89] Family Search, Births, marriages, and deaths, 1650-1865 Salem, Massachusetts. City Clerk.
- [S89] Family Search, Vital records of Salem, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine, Nathan Hale Cemetery Collection, ca. 1780-1980.
Harriette Clarkson Crosby1
F, b. circa 1844
Harriette Clarkson Crosby married William A. Thompson.1 Harriette Clarkson Crosby was born circa 1844 in Albany. She was the daughter of Clarkson Floyd Crosby and Angelica Schuyler.1
- [S250] Saint Nicholas Society, Vol. 1. p 162.
M, b. 19 April 1757, d. 25 May 1843
John Crosby was born on 19 April 1757 in Woolwich.1 He was the son of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 John Crosby died on 25 May 1843 in Hampden, Maine, at the age of 86.1
John Schuyler Crosby1
M, b. 19 September 1839, d. 8 August 1914
John Schuyler Crosby. Governor of Montana Territory.2 He was born on 19 September 1839 in Albany County.1 He was the son of Clarkson Floyd Crosby and Angelica Schuyler.1 John Schuyler Crosby died on 8 August 1914 in Newport Hospital, Newport, Rhode Island, at the age of 74.3
Josefa Neilson Crosby1
F, b. 13 October 1875, d. 31 August 1959
Josefa Neilson Crosby. Artist. She was born on 13 October 1875 in Brooklyn, New York.2 She was the daughter of Rev. Dr. Arthur Crosby and Josephine La Tourette Burke.1,3 Josefa Neilson Crosby married firstly Oscar Trufant Sewall, son of Edward Sewall and Sarah Elizabeth Swanton, on 5 September 1900 in San Rafael, Marin County, California, The wedding was private and was performed by the bride’s father, Rev. Arthur Crosby. Mr. Sewall was attended by Waren Dearborn of New York, and the bride by her sister, Miss Louise Crosby.4 Josefa Neilson Crosby married secondly Grosvenor Hyde Backus, son of Truman J. Backus and Sarah C. Glass, on 20 June 1916 in Englewood, New Jersey.5 Josefa Neilson Crosby died on 31 August 1959 in Washington, District of Columbia, at the age of 83.
Children of Josefa Neilson Crosby and Oscar Trufant Sewall
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. 1. p. 901.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925.
- [S160] New York Times, May 1870.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://www.cagenweb.com/marin/m1900.html as at 22 September 2006.
- [S160] New York Times, 14 Jun 1916 p. 13.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 37.
M, b. 24 November 1816, d. 5 May 1904
Josiah Crosby was born on 24 November 1816 in Dover, New Hampshire. He married Mary Bradbury Foss, daughter of Simon Foss and Lucinda Conant, on 27 February 1849 in Dexter. Josiah Crosby died on 5 May 1904 in Dexter, Maine, at the age of 87.1
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Maine, Death Records, 1617-1922.
- [S89] Family Search, Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921.
F, b. 24 November 1762
Mary Crosby was born on 24 November 1762.1 She was the daughter of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 The marriage intention of Mary Crosby and John Smith, son of Edward Smith and Elizabeth Orne, was published on 12 November 1786 in Salem, Massachusetts.1
F, b. 16 May 1760
Mehitable Crosby was born on 16 May 1760 in Woolwich.1 She was the daughter of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1
M, b. 24 December 1750, d. 7 December 1800
Nicholas Crosby was born on 24 December 1750 in Woolwich.1 He was the son of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 Nicholas Crosby married firstly Margaret Smith, daughter of Edward Smith and Elizabeth Orne, their marriage intention was recorded on 17 July 1779 at Salem, Massachusetts.1 Nicholas Crosby married secondly Elizabeth Fabena (widow Tarrant) their marriage intention was recorded on 21 March 1797 in Salem, Massachusetts.1 Nicholas Crosby died on 7 December 1800 in Salem, Massachusetts, at the age of 49.1
F, b. 14 December 1754, d. 15 June 1832
Rachel Crosby was born on 14 December 1754 in Woolwich.2 She was the daughter of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.3 Rachel Crosby married General Henry Sewall, son of Henry Sewall and Abigail Titcomb, on 30 June 1811 in Salem, Massachusetts, they were first cousins. There is a record of their marriage intention dated 18 May 1811 in the Augusta Vital Records.4,5,6 Rachel Crosby died on 15 June 1832 in Augusta, Maine, at the age of 77 (Maine Families Vol. 1 give the date as 15 June 1830 (VR.)2,6 )
F, b. October 1771, d. 1824
Rebecca Crosby was baptised in October 1771 at Woolwich.1 She was the daughter of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 Rebecca Crosby died in 1824 in Bangor unmarried.1
Ruth Elizabeth Crosby
F, b. 26 April 1894, d. June 1978
Ruth Elizabeth Crosby was born on 26 April 1894 in St. Paul, Minnesota.1 She married Cornelius William Van Ness, son of Rev. Thomas Jefferson Van Ness and Addie M. Sewall, on 9 February 1918 in Manhattan, New York.2 Ruth Elizabeth Crosby died in June 1978 in New Canaan, Fairfield, Connecticut, at the age of 843,4 and is buried in Prospect Harbor Cemetery, Hancock County, Maine.3
F, b. 12 November 1774, d. 19 May 1819
Sally Crosby was born on 12 November 1774 in Bangor, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 Sally Crosby married firstly Jonathan Nesmith on 17 October 1797.1 Sally Crosby married John Brewer Jr. in 1799.1 Sally Crosby died on 19 May 1819 in Belfast, Maine, at the age of 44.1
M, b. circa 1726, d. 7 March 1796
Simon Crosby was born circa 1726.2 He was the son of Simon Crosby and Rachel Kettelle.3 Simon Crosby married Sarah Sewall, daughter of Nicholas Sewall and Mehitable Storer, their marriage intention was recorded on 13 February 1749/50 in York, Maine.4,2 Simon Crosby died on 7 March 1796 in Bangor, Maine.2
Children of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall
- Nicholas Crosby3 b. 24 Dec 1750, d. 7 Dec 1800
- Stephen Crosby3 b. 8 Oct 1752
- Rachel Crosby1 b. 14 Dec 1754, d. 15 Jun 1832
- John Crosby3 b. 19 Apr 1757, d. 25 May 1843
- Ebenezer Crosby5 b. 12 Apr 1759, d. 1838
- Mehitable Crosby5 b. 16 May 1760
- Mary Crosby5 b. 24 Nov 1762
- Timothy Crosby5 b. 28 Mar 1766, d. 3 Sep 1823
- Anna Crosby5 b. 21 May 1768, d. b 1838
- Rebecca Crosby5 b. Oct 1771, d. 1824
- Sally Crosby5 b. 12 Nov 1774, d. 19 May 1819
Simon Crosby married Rachel Kettelle.
M, b. 8 October 1752
M, b. 28 March 1766, d. 3 September 1823
Timothy Crosby was born on 28 March 1766 in Woolwich.1 He was the son of Simon Crosby and Sarah Sewall.1 Timothy Crosby married Hannah Nevers, daughter of Dr. Phineas Nevers, circa 1789.1 Timothy Crosby died on 3 September 1823 in Bangor, Maine, at the age of 57.1
John Crosland of Crosland1
- [S21] Various editors, Dictionary of National Biography, p.721.
F, b. 22 July 1913, d. 21 June 1982
Audrey Croslegh was born on 22 July 1913.2 She was the daughter of Lt.-Col. E.L. Croslegh.3 Audrey Croslegh married Sir Bruce Donald Fraser K.C.B., son of Major-General Sir Theodore Fraser K.C.B., C.S.I., C.M.G. and Constance Ruth Stevenson, on 12 May 1939 in St.Michael's Church, Chester Square, London, The Rev. W.H. Elliott officiated, assisted by the Rev. W.R. Flex.1,3 Audrey Croslegh died on 21 June 1982 at the age of 68.4
Children of Audrey Croslegh and Sir Bruce Donald Fraser K.C.B.
Lt.-Col. E.L. Croslegh1
- [S117] The Times Newspaper, May 13, 1939.
Janet B. Crosley1
Child of Janet B. Crosley and Charles E. Scudder
- [S89] Family Search, Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-1994.
F, b. circa 1794, d. 20 December 1819
Elizabeth Cross is also recorded as Betsey Cross.2 She was born circa 1794.2 She was the daughter of Joseph Cross Jr.1 Elizabeth Cross married William Bartlett Sewall, son of Daniel Sewall and Dorcas Bartlett, on 26 November 1816 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine.1,2 Elizabeth Cross died on 20 December 1819 in Portland, Maine, of fever.2
Hattie Cross married Eugene Cummings.
Joseph Cross Jr.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 24 p. 176.
Alicia Crossland was the daughter of John Crosland of Crosland.2 Alicia Crossland married Leonard Calvert.1
Child of Alicia Crossland and Leonard Calvert
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
Herbert Harry Croucher1
M, b. 24 June 1904, d. 3 February 1962
Herbert Harry Croucher was born on 24 June 1904 in Surrey.1 He married Mary Peggy Durnford Dash, daughter of John Sydney Dash and Mary Sybil Sewell Ross-Ross.2 Herbert Harry Croucher died on 3 February 1962 in Barbados at the age of 57.3
- [S232] Ancestry.com, UK, Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960.
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://www.caribbeanfamilyhistory.org/mi/Details.aspx
Sir Miles Crouly
George L. Crouse1
M, b. circa 1879
George L. Crouse was born circa 1879.1 He was the son of Oliver Crouse and Eunice McTaggert.1 George L. Crouse married Ethel Bradshaw, daughter of Charles G. Bradshaw and (Georg)Ina Grieve, on 20 September 1905 in Napanee He is a labourer of Shannonville, Deseronto and she is a dressmaker of Marlbank, Deseronto.1
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maryc/lxa05.htm (July 2008).