M, b. circa 1639, d. circa 1673
Robert Gibbs was born circa 1639 in Devon.2 He married Elizabeth Sheaffe, daughter of Jacob Sheaffe.1 Robert Gibbs died circa 1673 in Boston.2
Children of Robert Gibbs and Elizabeth Sheaffe
M, b. 29 November 1696, d. 29 June 1769
Robert Gibbs was born on 29 November 1696.1 He was the son of Robert Gibbs and Mary Shrimpton.1 Robert Gibbs married Amey Crawford in 1723.2 Robert Gibbs died on 29 June 1769 in Providence at the age of 72.3
M, b. 9 December 1701
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1078.
F, b. circa 1697
Sarah Gibbs was born circa 1697. She was the daughter of Henry Gibbs and Mary Middlecott.1 Sarah Gibbs married (unknown) Scott after 1719 in Barbados.2
M, b. 1902, d. 16 August 1958
Wolcott Gibbs was born in 1902.1 He was the son of Lucius Tuckerman Gibbs and Angelica Singleton Duer.1 Wolcott Gibbs died on 16 August 1958 in Manhattan, New York.2
Maria Elizabeth Gibson1
Child of Maria Elizabeth Gibson and Joseph Emerson Swallow
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts Marriages, 1841-1915.
Martha Gibson married firstly Samuel Rolfe, son of Benjamin Rolfe, on 14 January 1698 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.1 Martha Gibson married secondly Sgt. Jacob Toppan, son of Lieut. Jacob Toppan and Hannah Sewall, on 23 November 1715.2,1 Martha Gibson married thirdly Jonathan Woodman on 27 November 1726.1
- [S205] Newspaper, New Castle News, 5 October 1963.
Grace I. Gierin1
F, b. circa 1907
Grace I. Gierin was born circa 1907 in California.1 She married Joseph Pearce Amyes, son of Joseph Amyes and Elizabeth Mary Pearce, on 3 June 1939 in Seattle, Washington.1,2
F, d. before 1675
Catherine Giffard was the daughter of Thomas Giffard.1 Catherine Giffard married John Cabot, son of Nicholas Cabot and Collette Hamon, on 13 October 1624 in Trinity Parish, Jersey.1 Catherine Giffard died before 1675.1
- [S472] L. Vernon Briggs, Cabot family, p. 8.
- [S472] L. Vernon Briggs, Cabot family, p. 8.
M, b. 1578, d. 12 January 1642
Joachim Gijsen was born in 1578 possibly in Hamburg.1 He married Trijntgen Gerritsz in 1612.2 Joachim Gijsen died probably before 12 January 1642 for he was not present at his daughter Trijntgen's marriage to Abram Staes.3
Ada Ann Gilbert1
F, b. circa 1840
Ada Ann Gilbert was born circa 1840 in Vermont.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Ann Sewall Ridgeway.1
Amelia R. Gilbert1
F, b. 1879
Amelia R. Gilbert was born in 1879 in Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Amelia A. Stebbins.1
Dr. Daniel Gilbert1
M, b. 17 August 1795, d. 5 August 1849
Dr. Daniel Gilbert was born on 17 August 1795 in Brookline, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of Humphrey Gilbert.3 Dr. Daniel Gilbert married Ann Sewall Ridgeway, daughter of Philip Reynolds Ridgeway and Ann Wolcott, on 5 October 1833 in Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.4 Dr. Daniel Gilbert died on 5 August 1849 in Boston, Massachusetts, at the age of 53 after a very short illness.2,3
Children of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Ann Sewall Ridgeway
Dr. Daniel Gilbert1
M, b. circa 1839
Dr. Daniel Gilbert was born circa 1839 in Vermont.2,1 He was the son of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Ann Sewall Ridgeway.1 Dr. Daniel Gilbert married Amelia A. Stebbins on 4 January 1865 in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.3
Children of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Amelia A. Stebbins
Daniel S. Gilbert1
M, b. circa 1867
Daniel S. Gilbert was born circa 1867 in Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Amelia A. Stebbins.1
Helen S. Gilbert1
F, b. circa 1839
Helen S. Gilbert was born circa 1839 in Vermont.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Ann Sewall Ridgeway.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 4 p. 101.
Lois Gilbert was the daughter of Thomas Gilbert and Sarah Gilbert.1 Lois Gilbert married Colonel Benjamin Wait.1
Mary Gilbert married Amos Rice, son of Thomas Rice and Charlotte Flint, on 24 October 1854 in Lyons, New York.1
- [S372] [Pompey Reunion Committee], Re-union of the Sons and Daughters of the Old Town of Pompey, p. 304 et seq.
Mary Elizabeth Gilbert1
- [S89] Family Search, Parish registers of Marylebone, 1680-1892 Church of England. Parish Church of St. Marylebone (Middlesex).
Mary S. Gilbert1
F, b. circa 1875
Mary S. Gilbert was born circa 1875 in Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Daniel Gilbert and Amelia A. Stebbins.1
F, b. 1658?, d. 1688
Sarah Gilbert was born in 1658?2 She married Capt. Simon Wainwright, son of Francis Wainwright, on 6 October 1688 in Haverhill.1,2 Sarah Gilbert died in 1688.2
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts, Deaths, 1841-1915.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://www.archive.org/stream/britishcolumbiaf00schouoft/… (December 2008).
M, b. 1723, d. 1788
Thomas Gilbert was born in 1723 in Brookfield, Massachusetts.1 He married Sarah Gilbert.1 In 1775 served as a private in Capt. Abel Thayer's company, Col. John Fellow's regiment.1 Thomas Gilbert died in 1788 in Brookfield, Massachusetts.1
Gertie Sophie Gilbertson1
F, b. December 1875, d. 1960
Gertie Sophie Gilbertson was originally recorded as Gertrude Sophia Gulbrandsen. She was born in December 1875 in Norway. She married Leon Benford Sewall, son of Horace Porter Sewall and Sarah F. Jackman, on 7 March 1894 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.2 Gertie Sophie Gilbertson died in 19603 and is buried in Grandview Cemetery, Hopkins, Minnesota.
Children of Gertie Sophie Gilbertson and Leon Benford Sewall
- Ormond Leon "Pat" Sewall+4 b. 3 Nov 1894, d. 23 Feb 1974
- Ralph Benford Sewall+1 b. 8 Jun 1897, d. 27 Jun 1962
- Gordon Donald Sewall+4 b. 8 May 1900, d. 8 Feb 1948
- Earl Albert Sewall+4 b. 15 Nov 1903, d. 11 Mar 1980
- Warren Jackman Sewall5 b. 1 Mar 1906, d. 9 Oct 1985
- Dorothy Marguerite Sewall+4 b. 13 Aug 1908, d. 16 Feb 1945
- Gretchen Janette Sewall+1 b. 13 Jan 1912, d. 27 Jul 2009
- [S89] Family Search, Minnesota, Births and Christenings, 1840-1980.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 132987968."
- [S206] 1920 US Census, Saint Louis Park, Hennepin, Minnesota.
- [S207] 1910 US Census, Saint Louis Park, Hennepin, Minnesota.
Thedia Redelia Gilchrist1
F, b. 1 May 1843, d. 30 April 1924
Thedia Redelia Gilchrist was born on 1 May 1843 in New York.2 She was the daughter of William Wallace Gilchrist and Redella Ann Cox.3 Thedia Redelia Gilchrist married Rev. Dr. Franklin Sewall, son of William Dunning Sewall and Rachel Allen Trufant, on 28 October 1869 in Port Richmond, Staten Island, the service was conducted by the Rev. Chauncy Giles.4 Thedia Redelia Gilchrist died on 30 April 1924 in Washington, District of Columbia, at the age of 80; after a funeral service at the Church of the New Jerusalem, Washington she was buried in Bath, Maine.1
Children of Thedia Redelia Gilchrist and Rev. Dr. Franklin Sewall
- [S313] Washington Post, 1 May 1924.
- [S89] Family Search, District of Columbia Deaths, 1874-1959.
- [S18] Various editors, Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, Vol. 9, p. 209.
- [S205] Newspaper, New York Herald, 29 October 1869.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 42.
- [S34] Unverified internet information.
- [S107] 1880 US Census.