F, #5982, b. 1658?, d. 1688
Sarah Gilbert was born in 1658?2 She married Capt. Simon Wainwright, son of Francis Wainwright, on 6 October 1688 in Haverhill.1,2 Sarah Gilbert died in 1688.2
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts, Deaths, 1841-1915.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://www.archive.org/stream/britishcolumbiaf00schouoft/… (December 2008).
M, #5656, b. 1723, d. 1788
Thomas Gilbert was born in 1723 in Brookfield, Massachusetts.1 He married Sarah Gilbert.1 In 1775 served as a private in Capt. Abel Thayer's company, Col. John Fellow's regiment.1 Thomas Gilbert died in 1788 in Brookfield, Massachusetts.1
Gertie Sophie Gilbertson1
F, #23104, b. December 1875, d. 1960
Gertie Sophie Gilbertson was originally recorded as Gertrude Sophia Gulbrandsen. She was born in December 1875 in Norway. She married Leon Benford Sewall, son of Horace Porter Sewall and Sarah F. Jackman, on 7 March 1894 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.2 Gertie Sophie Gilbertson died in 19603 and is buried in Grandview Cemetery, Hopkins, Minnesota.
Children of Gertie Sophie Gilbertson and Leon Benford Sewall
- Ormond Leon "Pat" Sewall+4 b. 3 Nov 1894, d. 23 Feb 1974
- Ralph Benford Sewall+1 b. 8 Jun 1897, d. 27 Jun 1962
- Gordon Donald Sewall+4 b. 8 May 1900, d. 8 Feb 1948
- Earl Albert Sewall+4 b. 15 Nov 1903, d. 11 Mar 1980
- Warren Jackman Sewall5 b. 1 Mar 1906, d. 9 Oct 1985
- Dorothy Marguerite Sewall+4 b. 13 Aug 1908, d. 16 Feb 1945
- Gretchen Janette Sewall+1 b. 13 Jan 1912, d. 27 Jul 2009
- [S89] Family Search, Minnesota, Births and Christenings, 1840-1980.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "# 132987968."
- [S206] 1920 US Census, Saint Louis Park, Hennepin, Minnesota.
- [S207] 1910 US Census, Saint Louis Park, Hennepin, Minnesota.
Thedia Redelia Gilchrist1
F, #1342, b. 1 May 1843, d. 30 April 1924
Thedia Redelia Gilchrist was born on 1 May 1843 in New York.2 She was the daughter of William Wallace Gilchrist and Redella Ann Cox.3 Thedia Redelia Gilchrist married Rev. Dr. Franklin Sewall, son of William Dunning Sewall and Rachel Allen Trufant, on 28 October 1869 in Port Richmond, Staten Island, the service was conducted by the Rev. Chauncy Giles.4 Thedia Redelia Gilchrist died on 30 April 1924 in Washington, District of Columbia, at the age of 80; after a funeral service at the Church of the New Jerusalem, Washington she was buried in Bath, Maine.1
Children of Thedia Redelia Gilchrist and Rev. Dr. Franklin Sewall
- [S313] Washington Post, 1 May 1924.
- [S89] Family Search, District of Columbia Deaths, 1874-1959.
- [S18] Various editors, Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, Vol. 9, p. 209.
- [S205] Newspaper, New York Herald, 29 October 1869.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 42.
- [S34] Unverified internet information.
- [S107] 1880 US Census.
William Wallace Gilchrist1
Child of William Wallace Gilchrist and Redella Ann Cox
Caroline Mary Gilkey1
F, #1809, b. 6 May 1877, d. 1958
Caroline Mary Gilkey was born on 6 May 1877 in Farmington, Maine.2 She was the daughter of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule.1 Caroline Mary Gilkey married Dr. Forrest Hatherly Badger on 17 February 1897.1 Caroline Mary Gilkey died in 1958 in Farmington, Maine.2
Charles F. Gilkey1
M, #1807, b. 14 July 1839, d. 2 October 1898
Charles F. Gilkey was born on 14 July 1839 in Gorham, Maine.2 He married Martha Louise Soule, daughter of George Thomas Soule and Caroline Amelia Sewall, on 1 January 1874.1 Charles F. Gilkey died on 2 October 1898 in Strong, Maine, at the age of 59.2
Children of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule
Charles Sewall Gilkey1
M, #1810, b. 27 January 1880, d. 30 August 1880
Charles Sewall Gilkey was born on 27 January 1880 in Strong, Franklin County, Maine. He was the son of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule.1 Charles Sewall Gilkey died on 30 August 1880 in Strong, Franklin County, Maine.2
Edwin (Neddie) Gilkey
M, #1811, b. 25 August 1881, d. 21 February 1883
Edwin (Neddie) Gilkey was born on 25 August 1881.1 He was the son of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule.1 Edwin (Neddie) Gilkey died on 21 February 1883 in Strong, Franklin County, Maine, at the age of 1.2
Grace Amelia Gilkey1
F, #1812, b. 16 May 1885, d. 10 February 1960
Grace Amelia Gilkey was born on 16 May 1885.1 She was the daughter of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule.1 Grace Amelia Gilkey died on 10 February 1960 at the age of 74.2
John H. Gilkey1
M, #1808, b. 2 January 1875, d. 10 October 1965
John H. Gilkey. Of Soule & Gilkey, Farmington, Maine, Marble works.2 He was born on 2 January 1875 in Farmington, Maine.3 He was the son of Charles F. Gilkey and Martha Louise Soule.1 John H. Gilkey died on 10 October 1965 in Strong, Maine, at the age of 90.3
M, #10243, d. 15 March 1807
Charles Gill married Betsy Towne on 1 March 1795.1 Charles Gill died on 15 March 1807 "Cutt his Throat with a Shave in So horrable a manner that no hopes of his life remains" he died shortly afterwards.1
- [S106] Maine Families in 1790, Vol. 7 p. 453.
F, #10242, b. 18 August 1797, d. 5 February 1862
Sophia Gill was born on 18 August 1797 in Hallowell.1 She was the daughter of Charles Gill and Betsy Towne.1 Sophia Gill married Charles Sewall, son of General Henry Sewall and Tabitha Sewall, on 4 September 1817 in Augusta, Maine, (3 July 1817 in Sinnett.1,2,3) Sophia Gill died on 5 February 1862 in Augusta, Maine, at the age of 64.1,2
Children of Sophia Gill and Charles Sewall
M, #24526, b. circa 1859
Archibald Gillespie was born circa 1859 in Blackheath.1 He was the son of Richard Gillespie.2 Archibald Gillespie married Kathleen Elizabeth Knocker, daughter of Edward Newman Knocker and Emily Elizabeth Knocker, on 18 November 1898 in Rosario, Argentine Republic.2
Mary Louise Gillespie1
F, #26291, d. 26 March 2011
Mary Louise Gillespie married George Oliver Sewall Jr., son of George Oliver Sewall and Elmira Knight Fleming.1 Mary Louise Gillespie died on 26 March 2011 in Pennsylvania.1
- [S205] Newspaper, The Ellwood City Ledger, (PA), 19 November 2015.
- [S205] Newspaper, Sevenoaks Chronicle and Kentish Advertiser, 25 November 1898.
Laura Cornelia Gillette1
F, #7286, b. 1837, d. 1911
Laura Cornelia Gillette was born in 1837.1 She married Charles Henry Gerrish Wood Dana, son of Jedediah Dana and Martha G. Wood.1 Laura Cornelia Gillette died in 1911.1
Children of Laura Cornelia Gillette and Charles Henry Gerrish Wood Dana
- [S4] Sandra MacLean Clunies, Clunies files.
Gertrude S Gilliham
Gertrude S Gilliham married Augustus P Burnham.
Mary Anna Gillispie1
Child of Mary Anna Gillispie and A.J. Thompson
- [S89] Family Search, Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
Alice Jane Gilman
F, #22428, b. 17 April 1844, d. 7 December 1939
Alice Jane Gilman was born on 17 April 1844 in Sanbornton, New Hampshire.1,2 She was the daughter of Hiram Gilman and Alice Sanborn Sewall.1 Alice Jane Gilman died on 7 December 1939 in the Home For The Aged, Laconia, Belknap County, New Hampshire, at the age of 95, where she had been resident for almost 25 years.3
Daniel Sewall Gilman1
M, #22608, b. 14 July 1836, d. 27 March 1843
Daniel Sewall Gilman was born on 14 July 1836 in Sanbornton.1 He was the son of Hiram Gilman and Alice Sanborn Sewall.1 Daniel Sewall Gilman died on 27 March 1843 at the age of 6.1
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #380.
Dorothea Folsom Gilman1
Dorothea Folsom Gilman married Rev. Ichabod Nichols, son of Ichabod Nichols and Lydia Ropes, on 15 May 1810.1,2
M, #15846, b. 12 July 1819, d. 27 June 1892
Dudley Gilman. A truckman.1 He was born on 12 July 1819 in New Hampshire.1,2 He was the son of Dudley Gilman.3 Dudley Gilman married Hannah Maria Sewall, daughter of Jason Sewall and Hannah Joyce, on 4 October 1849 in Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine.4 Dudley Gilman died on 27 June 1892 in Bath, Maine, at the age of 72 of chronic gastritis5 and is buried in Maple Grove Cemetery, Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine.5,2
Children of Dudley Gilman and Hannah Maria Sewall
- [S107] 1880 US Census.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "#61944328 M.I."
- [S209] 1870 US Census, Gilford, Belknap, New Hampshire.
- [S89] Family Search, Vital records, 1779-1903 Bath (Maine). City Clerk.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Maine Death Records, 1617-1922.
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #338.
- [S209] 1870 US Census, Bath, Sagadahoc, Maine.
M, #17797, b. circa 1789
Dudley Gilman was born circa 1789 in New Hampshire.1
- [S209] 1870 US Census, Gilford, Belknap, New Hampshire.
Harry Parker Gilman1
M, #17798, b. 22 December 1859, d. 31 October 1878
Harry Parker Gilman was born on 22 December 1859 in Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine, (his date of birth on his memorial stone has to be incorrect for he was five months old for the 1860 Census.)2,1 He was the son of Dudley Gilman and Hannah Maria Sewall.3 Harry Parker Gilman died on 31 October 1878 at the age of 181 and is buried in Maple Grove Cemetery, Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine.1