Deacon Joseph Hale1
Deacon Joseph Hale married Mary Northend, daughter of Lieut. Samuel Northend and Mary Boynton, on 19 November 1765 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,2
Children of Deacon Joseph Hale and Mary Northend
F, b. 22 September 1700, d. 2 April 1783
Judith Hale was born on 22 September 1700 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,2 She was the daughter of Joseph Hale and Mary Moody.1 Judith Hale married Deacon Samuel Moody, son of Deacon William/3 Moody and Mehitable Sewall, on 17 December 1719.3 Judith Hale died on 2 April 1783 in Newbury, Massachusetts, at the age of 82.3
Children of Judith Hale and Deacon Samuel Moody
- Judith Moody3 b. 29 Nov 1720, d. 18 Dec 1720
- Mary Moody3 b. 16 Oct 1721, d. 25 Sep 1728
- Mehetabel Moody3 b. 1 Feb 1724/25, d. 30 Nov 1749
- Hannah Moody3 b. 12 Jan 1726/27, d. 23 Mar 1790
- William Moody3 b. 14 Apr 1728, d. 31 Aug 1728
- Samuel Moody3 b. 22 Sep 1729, d. 7 Jan 1730
- Mary Moody3 b. 20 Feb 1731, d. 19 Sep 1736
- Sarah Moody3 b. 6 Jun 1732, d. 20 Jun 1732
- Judith Moody3 b. 29 Sep 1733, d. 26 Sep 1736
- Abigail Moody3 b. 9 May 1735, d. 3 Oct 1736
- Samuel Moody3 b. 3 Sep 1736, d. 19 Sep 1736
- Paul Moody3 b. 12 Sep 1738, d. 23 Feb 1740
- Dorothy Moody3 b. 12 Oct 1739, d. 2 May 1740
- William Moody3 b. 5 Aug 1741, d. 20 Aug 1741
- Paul Moody+3 b. 20 Jan 1743, d. 30 Dec 1822
F, b. circa 1791, d. 26 July 1818
Judith Hale was born circa 1791 calculated from her age at death.2 She married Joseph Toppan, son of William Toppan and Sarah Somerby, on 19 May 1812 in Newbury, Massachusetts, (intention 14 March 1812, Newburyport.)1,2 Judith Hale died on 26 July 1818 in Newburyport, Massachusetts.1,2
F, b. 5 July 1670
Judith Hale was born on 5 July 1670 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Sgt. John Hale and Sarah Somerby.1 Judith Hale married Thomas Moody on 24 November 1692 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,2
F, b. 8 January 1715/16
Martha Hale was baptised on 8 January 1715/16 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody.1 Martha Hale married Benjamin Fairfield on 3 September 1754 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1
F, b. 6 December 1713, d. 2 September 1806
Mary Hale was baptised on 6 December 1713 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody. Mary Hale married Rev James Chandler, son of Thomas Chandler and Mary Stevens, on 14 December 1736 in Rowley, Massachusetts.1 Mary Hale died on 2 September 1806 at the age of 92 s.p.
F, b. 24 November 1766, d. 30 May 1831
Mary Hale was born on 24 November 1766 in Newbury, Massachusetts.2 She was the daughter of Deacon Joseph Hale and Mary Northend.1,3 Mary Hale married Rev. Elijah Parish, son of Elijah Parish and Eunice Foster, on 7 November 1796 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,3 Mary Hale died on 30 May 1831 at the age of 64.1
- [S308] Alfred Poor, Genealogy of John Poore, p. 14.
F, b. 18 December 1709
Mehitable Hale was baptised on 18 December 1709 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody.1
M, b. 5 January 1717/18, d. 23 March 1776
Moses Hale was baptised on 5 January 1717/18 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody.1 Moses Hale married firstly Abigail Huse on 20 April 1742 in Newbury, Massachusetts, (date of intention.)2,1 Moses Hale married secondly Sarah Jewett on 17 December 1766 in Newbury, Massachusetts.2,1 Moses Hale died on 23 March 1776 in Newbury, Massachusetts, at the age of 58 of consumption.1
Rev. Moses Hale1
M, b. 10 July 1678, d. 16 January 1743/44
Rev. Moses Hale. Pastor of Byfield Parish of Newbury.2 He was born on 10 July 1678 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts.1,3 He was the son of Sgt. John Hale and Sarah Ring.1 Rev. Moses Hale graduated in 1699 from Harvard.1 He married firstly Elizabeth Dummer, daughter of Richard Dummer and Elizabeth Appleton.4 The marriage intentions of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody, daughter of Deacon William/3 Moody and Mehitable Sewall, were filed on 4 September 1707 in Newbury, Massachusetts.5 Rev. Moses Hale died on 16 January 1743/44 in Newbury, Massachusetts, at the age of 65.1,6
Children of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1084.
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. 2 p. 66.
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001.
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. 2 p. 65.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850.
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts, Births and Christenings, 1639-1915.
Rev. Moses Hale1
M, b. 18 January 1714/15, d. 15 January 1779
Rev. Moses Hale was born on 18 January 1714/15 in Newbury.1 He was the son of Joseph Hale and Mary Moody.1 Rev. Moses Hale graduated in 1734 from Harvard.1 Between 1752 and 1779 minister of the church at West Newbury.2 He died on 15 January 1779 in West Newbury at the age of 63 (18 January NEHGR.1,2)
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970.
Col. Nathan Hale1
M, b. 1743, d. 1780
Col. Nathan Hale was born in 1743 in Hampstead, New Hampshire.1 He married Abigail Grout in 1766.1 Col. Nathan Hale died in 1780 in New Utrecht, Long Island.1
- [S46] Various contributors, Daughters of the American Revolution, Vol. 104 p. 85.
Oliver Hale married Sarah Toppan, daughter of William Toppan and Sarah Somerby, on 4 July 1821 probably in Newbury, Massachusetts, though the bride's town was Newburyport where the intention was published 26 May 1821.1,2,3
F, b. 18 February 1683, d. 16 March 1760
Rebecca Hale was born on 18 February 1683.3 She was the daughter of John Hale and Sarah Jaques.3 The marriage intention of Rebecca Hale and Jonathan Poore, son of John/2 Poore and Mary Titcomb, was published on 18 August 1703.1,3 Rebecca Hale died on 16 March 1760 at the age of 77.3
M, b. 15 October 1664, d. 15 May 1672
Samuel Hale was born on 15 October 1664 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Sgt. John Hale and Sarah Somerby.1 Samuel Hale died on 15 May 1672 at the age of 7.1
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. II. p. 66.
F, b. 2 December 1722
Sarah Hale was baptised on 2 December 1722 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody.1
M, b. 15 May 1606, d. 21 December 1682
Thomas Hale was born on 15 May 1606 in King's Walden, Hertfordshire.1 He married Thomasine Dowsett on 11 December 1632 in St. Helen's Bishopsgate, London.2 Thomas Hale died on 21 December 1682 in Newbury, Massachusetts, at the age of 76.2
Children of Thomas Hale and Thomasine Dowsett
M, b. 4 November 1668, d. before 1710
Thomas Hale was born on 4 November 1668 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Sgt. John Hale and Sarah Somerby.1 Thomas Hale died before 1710 s.p.1
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. II. p. 66.
Trevor Amherst Hale1
M, b. 6 March 1874, d. 2 October 1893
Trevor Amherst Hale was born on 6 March 1874 in Québec.2,1 He was the son of Edward John Hale and Justine Elise Sewell.3 Trevor Amherst Hale died on 2 October 1893 in Québec at the age of 19.4,5
M, b. 26 February 1726/27
William Hale was baptised on 26 February 1726/27 at Newbury, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Rev. Moses Hale and Mary Moody.1 William Hale married firstly Martha Johnson on 6 November 1753 in Newbury, Massachusetts, William Hale is listed as being "of Rowley."1
Sara Elizabeth Haley1
F, b. 1833, d. 1912
Sara Elizabeth Haley was born in 1833.1 She married Joseph Cilley Burley, son of Capt. Benjamin Burley and Elizabeth Ann Cilley, in 1855.1 Sara Elizabeth Haley died in 1912.1
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. 7 p. 515.
F, b. 4 March 1706
Barbara Haliburton was born on 4 March 1706. She was the daughter of Thomas Haliburton of Newmains. Barbara Haliburton married Robert Scott of Sandyknowe on 16 July 1728.1
Children of Barbara Haliburton and Robert Scott of Sandyknowe
- [S549] Charles Rogers, Sir Walter Scott, p. xxxix.
Thomas Haliburton of Newmains
Child of Thomas Haliburton of Newmains
- Barbara Haliburton+ b. 4 Mar 1706
Charles Joseph Hall1
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922.
Elizabeth Hall married Jacob Toppan, son of Abraham Toppan and Esther Wigglesworth, on 27 September 1748 in Newbury, Massachusetts.2,3
Children of Elizabeth Hall and Jacob Toppan
- Esther Toppan1 b. 3 Sep 1749
- Isaac Toppan1 b. 22 Feb 1750/51, d. 1772
- Jacob Toppan1 b. 15 Nov 1752
- Benjamin Hall Toppan1 b. 1753
- Elizabeth Toppan1 b. 1756
- Abraham Toppan1 b. 19 Feb 1758
- Hannah Toppan1 b. 27 Jul 1760
- Mary Toppan1 b. 11 Jul 1762
- Capt. Sewell Toppan+1 b. 1764, d. 28 Oct 1838
- Lydia Toppan1 b. 20 Jul 1766
- [S205] Newspaper, SharonHerald.com, 15 February 2013.
Emma C. Hall1
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts Marriages, 1841-1915.
George Benson Hall1
M, b. circa 1810, d. 4 September 1876
George Benson Hall was born circa 1810 in Amherstburgh, Ontario.2,3 He was the son of George Benson Hall and Angelica Fortier.4 George Benson Hall married Mary Jane Patterson, daughter of Peter Patterson, on 20 April 1842. George Benson Hall died on 4 September 1876 in Montmorency Falls, Québec.2
Child of George Benson Hall and Mary Jane Patterson
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Québec (Anglican) (Québec (Anglican Cathedral Holy Trinity church)), 1872.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967. Québec (Anglican Cathedral Holy Trinity church), 1876.
- [S522] Gordon A. Morley and William J. Park, Mount Hermon Cemetery, F61.
- [S58] Various Editors, Dictionary of Canadian Biography, HALL, GEORGE BENSON.