Thomas Hoar was the son of Charles Hoar and Margery (Unknown) of Gloucester.1 Thomas Hoar married (unknown) (Unknown).
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 45, p.286.
M, #9108, b. 1716
Tryphena Hoar was the daughter of Dr. Leonard Hoar and Bridget Lisle. Tryphena Hoar died in Braintree died in infancy and is buried in the same grave as her parents and her grandmother Joanna.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 45, p.289.
M, #9125, b. 16 September 1786
William Baker Hoar1
M, #14702, b. 11 January 1818
- [S180] Bible Records, NEHGS Bible Records, Gen 1 H 55: Reuben Hoar Bible.
M, #22963, b. 1758, d. 8 December 1831
James Hoban. Architect of the Capitol. He was born in 1758 in Callan, County Kilkenny, Ireland.2 He married Susan Sewall, daughter of Henry Sewall and Mary Smith, on 12 January 1799 in Holy Trinity Church.3 James Hoban died on 8 December 1831 in Washington, District of Columbia.2
M, #15061, b. 11 October 1683
F, #15063, b. 20 November 1685
Abiel Hobart was born on 20 November 1685.1 She was the daughter of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy.1 Abiel Hobart married James Towel on 9 February 1732/33.1
- [S103] Waldo Chamberlain Sprague, Genealogies of Braintree.
M, #301, b. 7 August 1651, d. 21 August 1717
David Hobart is also recorded as David Hubbard.1 He was born on 7 August 1651 in Hingham, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of Rev. Peter Hobart and Rebecca Ibrook.3 David Hobart was baptised on 10 August 1651 at Hingham, Massachusetts.2 He married firstly Joanna Quincy, daughter of Colonel Edmund Eliot Quincy and Joanna Hoar, in June 1680 at Hingham, Massachusetts.4,2 David Hobart was living in Hingham.5 He died on 21 August 1717 at the age of 66.
Children of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy
F, #15067, b. 10 June 1690
F, #10064, b. 12 June 1666, d. 13 February 1738/39
Elizabeth Hobart was born on 12 June 1666.1 She was the daughter of Caleb Hobart and Mary Eliot.1 Elizabeth Hobart married Joseph Adams Jr., son of Joseph Adams and Abigail Baxter, circa 1708.1 Elizabeth Hobart died on 13 February 1738/39 at the age of 72.1
- [S103] Waldo Chamberlain Sprague, Genealogies of Braintree.
M, #7924, b. December 1645, d. 19 December 1707
Gershom Hobart was born in December 1645 in Hingham.1 He was the son of Rev. Peter Hobart and Rebecca Ibrook.2 Gershom Hobart graduated in 1667 from Harvard.1 He was ordained on 26 November 1679 at Groton where, at some time his house was used as a garrison. One of his children was killed by Indians and another carried away captive.1 He died on 19 December 1707 in Groton.1
F, #15065, b. 20 June 1688, d. 9 June 1740
Jael Hobart was born on 20 June 1688. She was the daughter of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy. Jael Hobart married Jeremiah Leavitt, son of Josiah Leavitt and Margaret Johnson, on 10 September 1712.1 Jael Hobart died on 9 June 1740 at the age of 51.
F, #15057, b. 10 June 1681 or 21 June 1681
Judith Hobart was born on 10 June 1681 or 21 June 1681 in Hingham, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy.1 Judith Hobart married Joseph Leavitt, son of Josiah Leavitt and Margaret Johnson, on 10 January 1710/11.1
Rev. Nehemiah Hobart1
M, #303, b. 21 November 1648, d. 25 August 1712
Rev. Nehemiah Hobart was born on 21 November 1648 in Hingham.1,2 He was the son of Rev. Peter Hobart and Rebecca Ibrook.1,2 Rev. Nehemiah Hobart graduated in 1667 from Harvard.2 He was ordained on 23 December 1674 at Newton.2 He died on 25 August 1712 in Newton at the age of 63.1,2
M, #15062, b. 24 September 1684, d. 7 December 1684
Peter Hobart was born on 24 September 1684.1 He was the son of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy.1 Peter Hobart died on 7 December 1684.1
Rev. Peter Hobart1
M, #302, b. 13 October 1605, d. 20 June 1679
Rev. Peter Hobart was baptised on 13 October 1605 at Hingham, Norfolk, England.2 He married as his second wife Rebecca Ibrook in 1635 or 1636 in Hingham ?, Massachusetts.3 Rev. Peter Hobart died on 20 June 1679 in Hingham, Massachusetts, at the age of 73.2
Children of Rev. Peter Hobart and Rebecca Ibrook
F, #15068, b. 7 January 1693, d. 29 March 1768
Rebecca Hobart was born on 7 January 1693 in Hingham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.1 She was the daughter of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy.1 Rebecca Hobart married Jazaniah Nichols, son of Israel Nichols and Mary Sumner, on 30 December 1714.1 Rebecca Hobart died on 29 March 1768 at the age of 75.1
Children of Rebecca Hobart and Jazaniah Nichols
- [S125] Robert Moody & Vincent, Verle Delano Sherman, Mayflower Families, p. 135.
Sarah Hobbins married Edwin Jupp.
Georgianna Anne Hobbs
F, #12980, b. 13 July 1841, d. 5 July 1918
Georgianna Anne Hobbs was born on 13 July 1841.1 She was the daughter of George Hobbs and Sally Goodwin.1,2 Georgianna Anne Hobbs married Clement Laurens Mildram on 10 November 1861 in Wells, Maine.1 Georgianna Anne Hobbs died on 5 July 1918 in West Somerville, Massachusetts, at the age of 76.1
Child of Georgianna Anne Hobbs and Clement Laurens Mildram
Margaret or Mary Hobbs1
F, #1072, b. circa 1803, d. 20 July 1849
Margaret or Mary Hobbs was born circa 1803 in Cork, Ireland.2,3 She was the daughter of William Hobbs.4 Margaret or Mary Hobbs married by licence Col. John Saint Alban Sewell, son of Chief Justice Jonathan/3 Sewell and Elizabeth Cornfield, on 20 October 1821 in Douglas Church, Cork, Ireland, by the Very Rev. Archdeacon Thompson.5,1 Margaret or Mary Hobbs died on 20 July 1849 in Québec "aged, forty six years" of cholera.2 She was buried on 21 July 1849 in Mount Hermon Cemetery, Sillery, Québec.2,3
Children of Margaret or Mary Hobbs and Col. John Saint Alban Sewell
- John St. Albans Sewell4 b. b Aug 1825, d. 12 Sep 1876
- Edmund Willoughby Sewell4 b. 23 Sep 1825, d. 3 Feb 1882
- Robert Shore Milnes Sewell+4 b. 15 Nov 1826, d. 15 Feb 1901
- Henrietta Elizabeth Story Sewell+4 b. 6 Sep 1829, d. 2 Oct 1871
- Margaret Sewell b. 28 Oct 1831, d. 8 Dec 1917
- Stephen William Sewell4 b. 18 Sep 1833, d. 2 Apr 1861
- Delaware Sewell6 b. 1835, d. 1 Jan 1879
- Frances Story Sewell4 b. 21 Nov 1837, d. 12 Apr 1935
- [S606] Findmypast.com, Irish Newspaper Transcript Archive, Ffolliott Collection 1756-1850.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967. Québec (Anglican) (Québec (Anglican Cathedral Holy Trinity church)), 1849.
- [S454] Website Archives nationales du Québec (http://pistard.banq.qc.ca) "Registre d'inhumation du Mount Hermon Cemetery, 1848-1904."
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Platt, Lyman. Irish Records Extraction Database.
Ireland Diocesan and Prerogative Marriage Licence Bonds indexes 1623-1866.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://www.robertsewell.ca/johnstalban.html
An attorney. Possibly the William Hobbs, attorney, of St. Patrick's Street listed in the 1810 directory of Cork, Ireland.1
F, #19665, b. 11 May 1855, d. 1911
Agnes Hobkirk was born on 11 May 1855.1 She was the daughter of Robert Hobkirk and Elizabeth Grierson.1 Agnes Hobkirk married Alexander Scott, son of Robert Scott and Mary Purdon, in 1880 in Tundergarth, Dumfries.2 Agnes Hobkirk died in 1911 in Yetholm, Roxburghshire.3
Georgina Isabella Grierson Hobkirk1
Georgina Isabella Grierson Hobkirk was the daughter of Robert Hobkirk and Elizabeth Grierson.2 Georgina Isabella Grierson Hobkirk married Alexander Scott, son of Robert Scott and Mary Purdon, in 1914 in St. Giles, Edinburgh.1
Margaret Bell Hobkirk1
F, #19689, b. 27 January 1845
Margaret Bell Hobkirk was born on 27 January 1845 in Roxburghshire.2 She was the daughter of William Hobkirk and Marky Scott.1 Margaret Bell Hobkirk was baptised on 2 March 1846 at Hawick, Roxburghshire.1 It is possibly this Margaret Hobkirk, aged 16,who appears in the 1861 census at Southfield Farm House, Hawick, the residence of Walter and Christian Grieve, where she is listed as a domestic servant.3
Children of Robert Hobkirk and Elizabeth Grierson
- [S90] Scotland, Statutory Register Index Deaths, 810/00 0040.
M, #19027, b. 27 December 1807, d. 20 August 1851
William Hobkirk was born on 27 December 1807 in Melrose, Roxburgh.2 He married Marky Scott, daughter of Alexander Scott and Margaret Bell, on 27 March 1843 in Hawick, Roxburghshire.3 William Hobkirk died on 20 August 1851 in Jedburgh, Roxburgh, at the age of 43.4
- [S446] Unknown author, Scott, 1118-1923 : being a collection of "Scott" pedigrees containing all known male descendants from Buccleuch, Sinton, Harden, p. 223.
- [S89] Family Search, Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950.
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 789/ 0060 0127.
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 792/00 0070 0579.
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 789/ 0050 0466.