M, #1330, b. 1651, d. 5 January 1726
Children of Jean Touzi
Jean Baptiste Touzi
M, #467, b. 13 March 1756, d. 3 December 1815
Jean Baptiste Touzi was born on 13 March 1756 in Vigeois.1 He was the son of Daniel Jean Touzi and Marguerite Bleageat de Bigeardel. Jean Baptiste Touzi married Marie Ursule Faucher on 7 May 1792. Jean Baptiste Touzi died on 3 December 1815 in Tulle at the age of 59.
Child of Jean Baptiste Touzi and Marie Ursule Faucher
- Marie Caroline Touzi+ b. 4 Jul 1806, d. 19 Nov 1882
Jean Mathieu Touzi
M, #460, b. 1692, d. 1732
Jean Mathieu Touzi is also recorded as Jean Mathieu Touzy.1 He was born in 1692 in Vigeois. He was the son of Jean Touzi.1 He was an apothecary in Vigeois, France. Jean Mathieu Touzi married Jacquette Bleynie.1 Jean Mathieu Touzi died in 1732.
Leonarde Marie Touzi1
F, #1334, b. 1706, d. 9 March 1731
Leonarde Marie Touzi was born in 1706.1 She was the daughter of Jean Touzi.1 Leonarde Marie Touzi married Pierre Reynie on 7 January 1729.1 Leonarde Marie Touzi died on 9 March 1731.1
Lucinde Marie Louise Antoinette Touzi
F, #455, b. 1 March 1799, d. 15 February 1864
Touzi was born on 1 March 1799 in Cap François, Department du Nord, St. Dominique, West Indies, the day after her twin sister Zébée. Some sources give the year of birth as 1798 because of a mis-translation of the French Revolutionary Calendar.1 She was the daughter of François Joseph Touzi and Anne Careaud. Lucinde Marie Louise Antoinette Touzi married Admiral Thomas Edward Symonds, son of Capt. Thomas Symonds RN and Elizabeth Malet, on 11 March 1815 in Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Fareham, Hampshire. Lucinde Marie Louise Antoinette Touzi again married Admiral Thomas Edward Symonds on 18 June 1817 in St Giles in Fields, London, The second wedding taking place because of the doubt over Lucinde's age caused by confusion over the French and Gregorian calendars and thus it was suspected that the first marriage may have been invalid. The witnesses were Nicholas and Merelina Tindal.2Symondsappear in the 1861 census at Yeaton House, Hordle, Hampshire, together with their three younger daughters. The census shows Lucinde's birthplace.3 Lucinde Marie Louise Antoinette Touzi died on 15 February 1864 at Yeovilton House, near Lymington, Hampshire, at the age of 644 and was buried on 20 February 1864 in Boldre.5
Children of Lucinde Marie Louise Antoinette Touzi and Admiral Thomas Edward Symonds
- Capt. Thomas Edward Symonds RN6 b. 12 Oct 1817, d. 25 Jul 1887
- Lucinde Elizabeth Symonds+7,6 b. 31 Mar 1820, d. 10 Jul 1883
- Maj. Gen. Jermyn Charles Symonds RMLI+6,7 b. 19 Oct 1820, d. 14 Dec 1897
- Theodore Francis Symonds7,6 b. 23 Jan 1822, d. c 1829
- Anne Penelope Grant Symonds6,7 b. 27 Jun 1823, d. Dec 1902
- Juliana Symonds7,6 b. 11 May 1826, d. 18 Jan 1899
- Edward George Symonds7,6 b. 3 Jul 1828
- Octavius Cumby Symonds RN6 b. 27 Apr 1830, d. Sep 1845
- William Cunningham Symonds6 b. 12 Feb 1832, d. 8 Mar 1854
- Zébée Helen Amilia Jessie Symonds+7,6 b. 6 Mar 1836, d. 26 Jan 1909
- [S17] John Gask, Les Jumelles and their families, p.69.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, London, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921.
- [S218] 1861 British Census.
- [S117] The Times Newspaper, Feb 17, 1864.
- [S606] Findmypast.com, England Deaths and Burials 1538-1991 Transcription.
- [S17] John Gask, Les Jumelles and their families.
- [S12] Christopher John Rees, CJR family tree.
Marie Caroline Touzi
F, #1265, b. 4 July 1806, d. 19 November 1882
Marie Caroline Touzi was born on 4 July 1806 in Tulle, France.1 She was the daughter of Jean Baptiste Touzi and Marie Ursule Faucher. Marie Caroline Touzi married Charles Bardon on 17 February 1829 in Tulle. Marie Caroline Touzi died on 19 November 1882 in Tulle at the age of 76.
- [S17] John Gask, Les Jumelles and their families.
Marie Louise Touzi
F, #465, b. 17 June 1780, d. 17 June 1860
Marie Louise Touzi was born on 17 June 1780 in La Roche Haute. She was the daughter of Guillaume Touzi and Marie Marguerite Bleygeat.1 Marie Louise Touzi married Nicolas Santax. Marie Louise Touzi died on 17 June 1860 at the age of 80.
Theodore François Touzi
M, #458, b. 1802, d. 1841
Theodore François Touzi was born in 1802. He was the son of François Joseph Touzi and Anne Careaud. In 1840 his sister Lucinde wrote "My brother has been engaged from his youth in a seafaring life, and though he has spared no pains or exertions, misfortunes have closely attended him. During the latter part of 1825 he suffered shipwreck, for the third time, on the coast of Cuba. He thus lost all the hard earnings of eight years, and must begin the world anew with only hope for his support and a firm reliance on that Providence which has preserved his life in many dangers though not blessed his labours with success. He is now daily expected on his return to Europe."1 Theodore François Touzi died in 1841 in Mauritius (SS President.)
- [S17] John Gask, Les Jumelles and their families, p. 79.
Zébée Anne Rose Touzi
F, #431, b. 28 February 1799, d. 18 October 1874
Touzi was born on 28 February 1799 in Cap François, Department du Nord, St. Dominique, the day before her twin sister Lucinde. Some sources give the year of birth as 1798 because of a mis-interpretation of the French Revolutionary calendar.1 She was the daughter of François Joseph Touzi and Anne Careaud. Zébée Anne Rose Touzi married Maj. Gen. Alexander Gordon R.E., son of Alexander Gordon 4th Duke of Gordon, 7th Marquess, 1st Earl of Norwich and Isabel Williamson, on 6 August 1822 in the Parish Church, Boldre, Hampshire, by licence. In the notice in The Morning Chronicle Zébée is described as being of Tweedside, Lymington.2 Zébée Anne Rose Touzi died on 18 October 1874 at 21 Abbey Road, London, at the age of 75 (The Manchester Courier gives the date as 20 October.)3,4 She was buried on 24 October 1874 in Holy Trinity, Cookham, Berkshire, Her age is given as 76 in the burial record.5
Children of Zébée Anne Rose Touzi and Maj. Gen. Alexander Gordon R.E.
- Maj Gen. Alexander William Gordon b. 26 Sep 1823, d. 23 Aug 1891
- Charlotte Frederica Zébée Gordon+ b. 7 Aug 1825, d. 10 Aug 1917
- Zébée Stewart Gordon+ b. 26 Oct 1826, d. 5 Jul 1901
- Lucinde Helen Gordon+ b. 18 Dec 1828, d. 15 Nov 1915
- Theresa Eliza Isabella Gordon+ b. 13 Jul 1830, d. Mar 1909
- George Tindal Gordon+ b. 11 Jan 1832, d. 9 Apr 1911
- Jessie Gavin Gordon b. 24 Jul 1834, d. 31 Jul 1834
- Merelina Victoria Gordon+ b. 2 Aug 1837, d. Mar 1902
- Emma May Lewis Gordon b. 8 Oct 1839, d. 11 Feb 1893
- [S17] John Gask, Les Jumelles and their families, p.69.
- [S205] Newspaper, The Morning Chronicle (London, England), Thursday, August 8, 1822.
- [S205] Newspaper, Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Monday 26 October 1874.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations).
- [S146] Unknown name of person unknown record type, unknown repository, unknown repository address, Parish Register.
James Towel married Abiel Hobart, daughter of David Hobart and Joanna Quincy, on 9 February 1732/33.1
- [S201] Edgar Hobart, Hobart genealogy, p. 15.
Abraham Hobart Tower1
M, #16032, b. 26 January 1884
Abraham Hobart Tower was born on 26 January 1884 in Cohasset, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd and Mary Fogg Osgood.1
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records.
M, #1642, b. 8 September 1858, d. 1942
Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd was born on 8 September 1858 in Cohasset, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.3 He was the son of Abraham Hobart Tower Jr. and Mary L. Browne.2 Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd married Mary Fogg Osgood, daughter of Rev. Joseph Osgood and Ellen Devereux Sewall, on 28 October 1880 in Cohasset, Massachusetts.2 Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd died in 1942.4
Children of Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd and Mary Fogg Osgood
Abraham Hobart Tower Jr.1
M, #16030, b. circa 1829, d. 25 April 1904
Abraham Hobart Tower Jr. was born circa 1829 in Cohasset, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.2 He married Mary L. Browne, daughter of Thomas J. Browne, on 24 December 1851 in Cohasset, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.3 Abraham Hobart Tower Jr. died on 25 April 1904 in Cohasset, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.2
Children of Abraham Hobart Tower Jr. and Mary L. Browne
M, #2068, b. 1916, d. 1955
Daniel Tower was born in 1916.1 He was the son of Gilbert Sanders Tower and Elizabeth Osgood Collier.1 Daniel Tower married Eleanor Crane in 1941.1 Daniel Tower died in 1955.1
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
M, #2067, b. 15 February 1885, d. April 1984
Gilbert Sanders Tower was born on 15 February 1885 in Cohasset, Massachusetts.2 He married Elizabeth Osgood Collier, daughter of George Washington Collier and Frances Parsons Osgood, in 1913.1 Gilbert Sanders Tower died in April 1984 probably in Cohasset, Massachusetts, at the age of 99.3
Children of Gilbert Sanders Tower and Elizabeth Osgood Collier
Mary Hobart Tower1
F, #1640, b. 30 October 1852, d. 1921
Mary Hobart Tower was born on 30 October 1852 in Cohasset, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. She was the daughter of Abraham Hobart Tower Jr. and Mary L. Browne.2 Mary Hobart Tower married Rev. Edmund Quincy Sewall Osgood, son of Rev. Joseph Osgood and Ellen Devereux Sewall, on 23 September 1879 in Cohasset, Massachusetts, the service being conducted by the Rev. Joseph Osgood.1,3 Mary Hobart Tower died in 1921.4
Children of Mary Hobart Tower and Rev. Edmund Quincy Sewall Osgood
Mary Lewis Tower1
F, #1643, b. 10 June 1882, d. 1944
Mary Lewis Tower was born on 10 June 1882 in Cohasset, Massachusetts.2 She was the daughter of Abraham Hobart Tower 3rd and Mary Fogg Osgood.1 Mary Lewis Tower married Lawrence Swann in 1910.1 Mary Lewis Tower died in 1944.1
Mary Lovina Tower1
F, #8613, b. 17 July 1859, d. 28 February 1939
Mary Lovina Tower was born on 17 July 1859.2 She married Edmund James Baker, son of Martin Baker and Charlotte Wood, on 30 March 1887 in Manchester, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire.1,3 Mary Lovina Tower died on 28 February 1939 at the age of 79.2
Lt. Col. Osgood Tower1
M, #2069, b. 31 January 1918, d. 9 April 2001
Lt. Col. Osgood Tower was born on 31 January 1918.2 He was the son of Gilbert Sanders Tower and Elizabeth Osgood Collier.3 Lt. Col. Osgood Tower married Nancy DuBose Maxwell in 1946.3 Lt. Col. Osgood Tower died on 9 April 2001 in Silver Spring, Montgomery County, Maryland, at the age of 83.1
- [S106] Maine Families in 1790, Vol. 7 p. 453.
Harriet A. Towne1
F, #3730, b. 1847, d. 1908
Harriet A. Towne was born in 1847.1 She married Albert Byron Stearns, son of Oliver Lathrop Stearns and Betsey Wood, on 5 October 1868.2 Harriet A. Towne died in 1908.1
Child of Harriet A. Towne and Albert Byron Stearns
Harriet Oliva Townsend1
F, #12997, b. 27 December 1817
Harriet Oliva Townsend was born on 27 December 1817 in Dixfield, Oxford County, Maine.2 She married Edward Fuller on 17 October 1838 in Jay, Franklin County, Maine.1
Children of Harriet Oliva Townsend and Edward Fuller
Rev. James J. Townsend1
Rev. James J. Townsend. A Baptist minister.1 He married Sarah Maria Worcester, daughter of David Worcester and Ellen Shaw Sewall, on 16 October 1866.1
- [S278] John P. Worcester, The Worcester family, p. 120.
Colonel Penn Townsend1
Colonel Penn Townsend married Mary Leverett, daughter of Governor Sir John Leverett and Sarah Sedgwick, after 1681.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 10. p. 130.
Alice Etta Tracey1
F, #1711, b. 2 February 1866
Alice Etta Tracey was born on 2 February 1866 in Rome, Maine.1 She married Sereno Clifford Webster, son of Sereno Sewall Webster and Mary Ann Hayes, on 12 November 1887 in Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine.2
Children of Alice Etta Tracey and Sereno Clifford Webster
Catherine Deblois Tracy1
F, #3396, b. 12 November 1794
Catherine Deblois Tracy was born on 12 November 1794 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts.2 She was the daughter of John Tracy and Margaret Laughton.1 Catherine Deblois Tracy married George Titcomb, son of Hon. Enoch Titcomb and Ann Jones, on 21 May 1819 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts.1,3
F, #7634, b. 13 January 1771, d. 20 December 1772
Elizabeth Tracy was born on 13 January 1771.1 She was the daughter of Nicholas Tracy and Miriam Titcomb.1 Elizabeth Tracy died on 20 December 1772 at the age of 1.1
- [S69] Unknown author, The Pickering Genealogy, p. 216.
F, #5227, b. 24 April 1755, d. 28 April 1797
Hannah Tracy was born on 24 April 1755 in Newbury.2 She was the daughter of Capt. Patrick Tracy and Hannah Gookin.3 Hannah Tracy married Hon. Jonathan Jackson, son of Edward Jackson and Dorothy Quincy, on 2 June 1772 in Hampton Falls. Hannah Tracy died on 28 April 1797 in Charlestown at the age of 42.2
Children of Hannah Tracy and Hon. Jonathan Jackson
- Henry Jackson+2 b. 12 Jan 1774, d. 8 Dec 1806
- Judge Charles Jackson+1 b. 31 May 1775, d. 13 Dec 1855
- Hannah Jackson+2 b. 2 Jul 1776, d. 10 May 1815
- Dr. James Jackson+1 b. 3 Oct 1777, d. 27 Aug 1867
- Sarah Jackson+2 b. 26 Jun 1779, d. 29 Jan 1809
- Patrick Tracy Jackson+2 b. 14 Aug 1780, d. 12 Sep 1847
- Harriet Jackson2 b. 20 Jan 1782, d. 13 Aug 1849
- Mary Jackson+2 b. 3 Oct 1783, d. 1 Jun 1860