M, b. 14 March 1805
Alexander Webster was born on 14 March 1805 in Fordoun, Kincardineshire.1 He was the son of Alexander Webster and Janet Campbell.1
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 259/ 0030 0159.
Alice Webster was the daughter of Richard Webster of Manchester.1 Alice Webster married Anthony Mosley, son of Edward Mosley and Margaret Elcocke.2
Children of Alice Webster and Anthony Mosley
- Anne Mosley3
- Oswald Mosley+4 b. 26 Apr 1583
- Nicholas Mosley5 b. 17 Jan 1585, d. b 1588
- Francis Mosley6 b. 23 Jan 1586
- Ellen Mosley+2 b. 9 Jul 1587
- Nicholas Mosley5 b. 7 Aug 1588
- Anthony Mosley5 b. 24 Oct 1591
- Alice Mosley+7 b. 1 Jan 1593
- Rowland Mosley8 b. 3 Mar 1594, d. b 1603
- Margaret Mosley5 b. 31 Jul 1594
- Elizabeth Mosley5 b. 20 Jul 1595
- Edward Mosley6 b. 18 Jul 1596
- Richard Mosley6 b. 10 Aug 1597
- Rowland Mosley5 b. 22 May 1603
- [S421] Chetham Society, Visitation of Lancaster, 1613, p. 37.
- [S13] David Curtis Dearborn, Ancestor Table for Henry Sewell.
- [S422] Chetham Society, N.S. Vol. 28, p. 17.
- [S141] Unknown compiler, "Manchester University, John Rylands Library", Ancestral File, Crutchley Muniments CRU/108; CRU/110.
- [S89] Family Search, The Registers of the cathedral church of Manchester (Lancashire).
- [S422] Chetham Society, N.S. Vol. 28.
- [S422] Chetham Society, N.S. Vol. 28 p. 17.
- [S422] Chetham Society, N.S. Vol. 28 p. 16.
Alice Blanche Webster1
F, b. 9 November 1888
Alice Blanche Webster was born on 9 November 1888.1 She was the daughter of Sereno Clifford Webster and Alice Etta Tracey.1
F, b. 1746, d. 15 March 1826
Anne Webster was born in 1746.2 She married Dr. John Huse on 15 March 1764 in Haverhill, Massachusetts.2 Anne Webster died on 15 March 1826 in Methuen, Massachusetts.2
Clementina Jane Webster1
F, b. 11 April 1855
Clementina Jane Webster was born on 11 April 1855 in 18 Dean Terrace, Edinburgh.1 She was the daughter of James Webster and Elizabeth Youl.2
F, b. 16 June 1810
Elizabeth Webster was born on 16 June 1810 in Fordoun, Kincardineshire.1 She was the daughter of Alexander Webster and Janet Campbell.1 Elizabeth Webster and Mary Webster appeared in the 1891 census at Market Street, Crail, Fife.2
Elizabeth G. Webster1
F, b. circa 1853
Elizabeth G. Webster was born circa 1853 in Scotland.1 She was the daughter of James Webster and Elizabeth Youl.1
- [S50] British Census 1881.
Emeline Cony Webster
F, b. 4 May 1808, d. 1 January 1892
Emeline Cony Webster was born on 4 May 1808 in Vassalboro, Maine, (or 24 May 1808 in Coney and Vital records of Gardiner, Maine : to the year 1892 Webster, Henry Sewall (ed.)1,2 ) She was the daughter of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall.3 Emeline Cony Webster was christened on 25 October 1818 at Gardiner, Kennebec County.2 She married Dr. Harvey Lindsly on 28 October 1828.3 Emeline Cony Webster died on 1 January 1892 at the age of 83.3
Children of Emeline Cony Webster and Dr. Harvey Lindsly
- Frances Hall Lindsly+3 b. 17 Jun 1829, d. 30 Mar 1892
- Caroline Webster Lindsly+3 b. 14 May 1831
- Webster Lindsly3 b. 14 Sep 1834, d. 19 Sep 1834
- Webster Lindsly MD3 b. 6 Oct 1835, d. 8 Aug 1866
- Harvey Clifford Lindsly3 b. 24 Jul 1838, d. 30 Dec 1838
- Harriet Leroy Lindsly3 b. 16 Jun 1843
- Julia Clifford Lindsly3 b. 23 Feb 1848
Emeline Lindsley Webster1
F, b. 28 January 1849, d. 31 May 1871
Emeline Lindsley Webster was born on 28 January 1849.2 She was the daughter of Sereno Sewall Webster and Mary Ann Hayes.2 Emeline Lindsley Webster died on 31 May 1871 at the age of 22.2
Erastus Bartlett Webster1
M, b. 3 February 1874, d. 14 March 1928
Erastus Bartlett Webster was born on 3 February 1874 in Massachusetts.2 He was the son of John Ordway Webster and Anna Maria Bartlett.1 Erastus Bartlett Webster married Janet Wesselhoft Smith, daughter of Sebree Smith and Annie Varnum Watkins, on 19 October 1915 in Santa Ana, Orange County, California.3 Erastus Bartlett Webster died on 14 March 1928 in Manhattan, New York, at the age of 54.4
M, b. 12 February 1843
Harrie Webster was born on 12 February 1843.1 He was the son of Nathan Webster and Ellen K. Whittier.1 He was a an engineer in U.S. Navy, retired with the rank of Rear Admiral in 1903.1 Harrie Webster married Mary Simpson Hein on 22 November 1870.1 In 1904 Harrie Webster was living in Richmond, Virginia.1
Harriet Colby Webster
F, b. 15 May 1818, d. 10 July 1896
Harriet Colby Webster was born on 15 May 1818 in Gardiner, Kennebec County, Maine, (16 May Coney.)1,2 She was the daughter of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall.3 Harriet Colby Webster married Rev. Peter Parker MD, son of Nathan Parker and Catharine Murdock, on 29 March 1841.3 Harriet Colby Webster died on 10 July 1896 at the age of 78.3
Harriet Cony Webster1
F, b. 15 August 1814, d. 3 March 1815
Harriet Cony Webster was born on 15 August 1814.2 She was the daughter of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall.2 Harriet Cony Webster died on 3 March 1815.2
Harriet Parker Webster1
F, b. 14 September 1843
Harriet Parker Webster was born on 14 September 1843.2 She was the daughter of John Milton Webster and Sarah Hayes Hussey.2 Harriet Parker Webster appears on the census of 1880 at Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine, keeping house for her widowed father.3
Helen Amelia Webster1
F, b. 18 December 1851, d. 21 December 1937
Helen Amelia Webster was born on 18 December 1851 in Scotland.2 She was the daughter of James Webster and Elizabeth Youl.3,4 Helen Amelia Webster married Dr. Charles Colin Sewell, son of Dr. James Arthur Sewell and Maria Cornelia Westrene Macrae, on 21 March 1870 in the Parish Church, Esher, Surrey.4 Helen Amelia Webster died on 21 December 1937 in Québec at the age of 865 and was buried on 23 December 1937 in Mount Hermon Cemetery.5
Children of Helen Amelia Webster and Dr. Charles Colin Sewell
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S226] 1901 Canadian Census.
- [S50] British Census 1881.
- [S117] The Times Newspaper, Thursday, Mar 24, 1870; pg. 1; Issue 26706.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967. Québec (Anglican) (Québec (Anglican Cathedral Holy Trinity church)), 1937.
Helen Page Webster1
F, b. 11 August 1846, d. 21 April 1903
Helen Page Webster was born on 11 August 1846 in Maine.1,2 She was the daughter of Sereno Sewall Webster and Mary Ann Hayes.1 Helen Page Webster died on 21 April 1903 at the age of 56.1
Henrietta Marie Webster1
F, b. 23 August 1878
Henrietta Marie Webster was born on 23 August 1878 in Washington, District of Columbia.2 She was the daughter of Harrie Webster and Mary Simpson Hein.1 Henrietta Marie Webster married Hugh Skipwith on 14 January 1903.1
Henry Sewall Webster1
M, b. 26 September 1845, d. 5 April 1888
Henry Sewall Webster was born on 26 September 1845 in Augusta, Maine.2 He was the son of John Milton Webster and Sarah Hayes Hussey.3 Henry Sewall Webster was educated in 1867 at Bowdoin College studied law and settled in Gardiner.3 He married Mary? Johnson, daughter of William Johnson and Martha Tappan Chase, on 12 August 1876.3 He was a Judge of Probate, Kennebec? elected Treasurer of Gardiner Savings.3 Henry Sewall Webster died on 5 April 1888 at the age of 42.3
Children of Henry Sewall Webster and Mary? Johnson
M, b. 30 September 1797, d. 15 April 1869
James Webster. Parish school-master of Crail, 1819-1861.2 He was born on 30 September 1797 in Fordoun, Kincardineshire.3 He was the son of Alexander Webster and Janet Campbell.1 James Webster was christened on 1 January 1798 at Fordoun, Kincardineshire.1 He married Euphemia Bell on 29 November 1831 in Crail, Fife. James Webster and Euphemia Bell appear in the 1851 census at Langhousegreen, Crail, Fife, Webster is listed as the parochial schoolmaster.4 James Webster appeared in the 1861 census at Crail, Fife. His sister-in-law is keeping house for him.5 He died on 15 April 1869 at the age of 71.2
M, b. circa 1798, d. before 21 March 1870
James Webster was born circa 1798 in Forfar.2 He married Elizabeth Youl, daughter of Rev. John Youl and Jane Stroud, on 23 February 1841 in Tasmania.2 James Webster died before 21 March 1870.1
Children of James Webster and Elizabeth Youl
M, b. 9 June 1833
James Webster was born on 9 June 1833 in Crail, Fife.2 He was the son of James Webster and Euphemia Bell.1 James Webster was baptised on 10 July 1833 at Crail, Fife.3 He appears in the 1851 census at Langhousegreen, Crail, where his occupation is given as a banker's clerk.4 He married Anne S. (Unknown) say 1899.5 James Webster and Anne S. Webster appeared in the 1901 census living at Dunearn House, Burntisland, Fife. They have four servants.5
Janet Campbell (Jessie) Webster1
F, b. 9 October 1801, d. 23 May 1882
Webster was born on 9 October 1801 in Fordoun, Kincardineshire.2,3 She was the daughter of Alexander Webster and Janet Campbell.1 Janet Campbell (Jessie) Webster was christened on 31 October 1801 at Fordoun, Kincardineshire.4 She married David Guillan Crombie, son of John Crombie and Elizabeth Guillan, on 7 July 1827 in Anstruther Easter, Fife, The Register of Proclamations and Marriages of the Parish of Anstruther, Fife of 25th June 1827 reads "Mr. David Guillan Crombie and Jessy Webster of the parish of St. Vigeans were contracted to be proclaimed the 1st July next and married 7th same month." The banns appear to have been read in St. Vigeans, Arbroath on 4th July 1827.5,6 Janet Campbell (Jessie) Webster was enumerated in the 1881 Census and described as being a farmer of 135 acres of which 120 were arable and employing 4 men, 5 women and 1 boy.7 She died on 23 May 1882 in Kilminning, Fife, at the age of 80.3 She was buried in Crail churchyard.
Children of Janet Campbell (Jessie) Webster and David Guillan Crombie
- Elizabeth Campbell Crombie+ b. 13 Sep 1828, d. 16 Nov 1887
- David Crombie b. 15 Jun 1830, d. 27 Feb 1841
- Alexander John Crombie b. 3 Apr 1832, d. 7 Aug 1836
- James Crombie+ b. 8 Jun 1834, d. 17 Sep 1898
- Jessie Campbell Crombie b. 15 Oct 1836, d. 4 Dec 1911
- William Crombie+ b. 30 Mar 1839, d. 15 Apr 1898
- David Alexander Crombie b. 14 Feb 1841, d. 1 May 1841
- David Alexander John Crombie+ b. 11 Aug 1842, d. 30 Mar 1919
- (infant son) Crombie b. 26 Jun 1844, d. 26 Jun 1844
- Lt. Colonel Alexander Crombie CB, MD+ b. 12 Dec 1845, d. 29 Sep 1906
- [S91] Www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Parish Records Index (1553-1854).
- [S6] Crombie-Sewell Family tree in the possession of John Rees.
- [S607] Website billiongraves.com (http://www.billiongraves.com/) "https://billiongraves.com/grave/person/16521839#/."
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 259/ 0030 0132.
- [S89] Family Search, Old parochial registers for Anstruther-Easter, 1641-1854.
- [S89] Family Search, Parish registers for St. Vigeans, 1669-1854.
- [S50] British Census 1881.
John Milton Webster1
M, b. 26 March 1810, d. 15 January 1811
John Milton Webster was born on 26 March 1810 in Vassalboro, Kennebec County.2 He was the son of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall.1 John Milton Webster died on 15 January 1811.3
John Milton Webster1
M, b. 3 April 1812, d. 1 April 1891
John Milton Webster was born on 3 April 1812.2 He was the son of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall.1 John Milton Webster was christened on 25 October 1818 at Gardiner, Kennebec County.3 He married Sarah Hayes Hussey, daughter of Elijah Hussey and Jane Bickford, on 3 April 1841.1 John Milton Webster was living in Augusta, Maine.1 He died on 1 April 1891 at the age of 78.1
Children of John Milton Webster and Sarah Hayes Hussey
John Milton Webster1
M, b. 6 May 1871, d. 17 October 1935
John Milton Webster was born on 6 May 1871 in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of John Ordway Webster and Anna Maria Bartlett.1 John Milton Webster married Grace I. Smith, daughter of Millard F. Smith and Carrie Rice, on 12 October 1892 in Augusta, Maine.3 Possibly the John Milton Webster who died on 17 October 1935 in San Diego County, California, at the age of 64.4
John Ordway Webster1
M, b. 30 September 1777, d. 3 February 1828
John Ordway Webster was born on 30 September 1777 in Chester, New Hampshire.2 He was the son of Nathan Webster and Elizabeth Clifford.1 In 1802 John Ordway Webster was living in Vassalboro, Maine.1 He married Rebecca Guild Sewall, daughter of Thomas Sewall and Priscilla Coney, on 23 November 1802 in China, Maine.3 John Ordway Webster died on 3 February 1828 in Mobile, Alabama, at the age of 50.2
Children of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall
- Mary Clifford Webster+1 b. 2 Dec 1803, d. 26 Jan 1881
- Sereno Sewall Webster+1 b. 28 Nov 1805, d. 11 May 1893
- Emeline Cony Webster+1 b. 4 May 1808, d. 1 Jan 1892
- John Milton Webster1 b. 26 Mar 1810, d. 15 Jan 1811
- John Milton Webster+1 b. 3 Apr 1812, d. 1 Apr 1891
- Harriet Cony Webster1 b. 15 Aug 1814, d. 3 Mar 1815
- Nathan Webster+1 b. 7 Apr 1816, d. 10 Jul 1874
- Harriet Colby Webster+1 b. 15 May 1818, d. 10 Jul 1896
- Priscilla Sewall Webster+1 b. 18 Jan 1823, d. 7 Aug 1894
John Ordway Webster1
M, b. 27 February 1842, d. 8 September 1896
John Ordway Webster was born on 27 February 1842.1 He was the son of John Milton Webster and Sarah Hayes Hussey.1 Was in the army during the war, 1861-65; graduated from Harvard Medical School, 1868; was surgeon at National Soldier's Home, Maine 1869-70; practised in Lynn, Mass. and subsequently in Augusta, Maine. Removed to San Diego, California.1 John Ordway Webster married Anna Maria Bartlett, daughter of Erastus Bartlett and Margaret Ann Leonard, on 1 June 1870.1 John Ordway Webster died on 8 September 1896 in San Diego, California, at the age of 54.1
Children of John Ordway Webster and Anna Maria Bartlett
John Ordway Webster
M, b. 9 February 1895, d. 23 May 1959
John Ordway Webster was born on 9 February 1895 in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington.1,2 He was the son of John Milton Webster and Grace I. Smith.3 John Ordway Webster married Gertrude Helen Polk on 24 October 1919 in Mahoning, Portage, Ohio.2 John Ordway Webster died on 23 May 1959 in San Diego County, California, at the age of 64.4
Rev. Josiah Webster1
M, b. 16 January 1772, d. 27 March 1837
Rev. Josiah Webster. Pastor at Hampton.1 He was born on 16 January 1772.1 He was the son of Nathan Webster and Elizabeth Clifford.1 Rev. Josiah Webster graduated in 1798 from Dartmouth College.1 He died on 27 March 1837 in Hampton, New Hampshire, at the age of 65.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 1 p. 331.
F, b. 20 July 1813
Margaret Webster was born on 20 July 1813 in Fordoun, Kincardineshire.1 She was the daughter of Alexander Webster and Janet Campbell.1 Margaret Webster was christened on 22 July 1813 at Fordoun, Kincardineshire.1
- [S89] Family Search, Parish registers for Fordoun, 1693-1854.